Thursday, April 30, 2015

There's nothing more comfortable than an old pair of shoes. Joining Bibiana, Throwback Thursday style.

Good morning all, how are you today?
Bright blue skies here today but still a tad chilly.  Our walk on the beach this morning was fresh, the sea looking a bit rough or should I say great surfing weather?!
There was that definite salty sea air smell and every now and again the fine mist hit your face whilst walking past the rocks.  I certainly got a good blow dry this morning!

This week my eldest boy has started his study leave ready for his National 5 exams which start next month.  He has been really good and has gone to school the rest of the week but has decided to study at home today.  I shall be keeping my eye out as I think the draw of electronics might be too strong!
I also have my youngest off again complaining of chest pains, bless.  He was coughing like a sea lion earlier in the week so I am hoping he has just pulled a muscle, he can't be too bad as he is refusing medicine!  Still they've got a long weekend off from tomorrow so plenty of time for him to recuperate.  He just seems to get one thing after another at the moment.

Today I have decided to join the lovely Bibiana with her Throwback Thursday challenge.
She has shared an old shoe project so I have decided to dig out something similar.  These shoes were made for a Christmas demonstration rather than Mother's day but I thought why not?  It is a pair of shoes after all!
A girl can't have too many of those, can she?

For my shoes I have used;
MME Loss and Found Union Square papers.
Spellbinder Nestabilities Layered Poinsettia.
Sentiment stamp by PI Paula Pascual Essential Christmas.
Distress ink Vintage Photo.
Lace from Papercraft's Boutique in Elgin.
Beads from stash.

I'd like to give a big shout out to Stacy Cohen for allowing me to use her fabulous template for my demonstration which you can find here, together with some of her lovely samples too.
Why not pop on over to her blog for a wee look.

You too could join Bibiana with an old project, I am late joining this months challenge which finishes on the 8th of May.

It only remains for me to wish you all the very best for the rest of your Thursday.  It's housework day for me, boo, hiss but then I'm off for the whole of the bank holiday weekend.  Yippee!
If I get my jobs under my belt today, hopefully I might get some crafting time over the weekend.
Catch you again tomorrow for my sharing an oldie.  x

6 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
oh these are so gorgeous.
Love the fab design of them.
Great a fab papers used too.
I have never tried to make a shoe, must put it on my crafty to try list.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Patricia said...

Good evening Erika,
Wow! beautiful shoes, love them. Your right who does not love shoes. Mind you I am a wee bit sick of them at the moment. Just made 4 pairs and they have to be "boxed" still trying to make a template for the box.
Have a great weekend
Patricia xxx

Carol said...

Your shoes are gorgeous Erika, I used to do the toe tapper ones...a bit fiddly but worth it. Carol x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are so gorgeous Erika, love the papers and Christmas poinsettia decoration.
It wouldn't be Christmas without new shoes :)
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Oh these are brilliant Erika, love them, well who doesn't, hugs Kate x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

hello dear erika; love your shoes! thanks for joining me at my #TBT challenge again. great post. and yes definitely they look great with those poinsettias
good luck bibiana