Thursday, July 30, 2015

Throw back Thursday with the lovely Bibiana.

Good afternoon all and how are you this Thursday?
Another good walk along the beach this morning but the sea is definitely at surfing level, it's a tad wild out there but on the good note, the sun is out and you can see the blue sky amongst the clouds.

Today I am joining the lovely Bibiana over at Stamping with Bibiana for her monthly Throwback Thursday challenge.  This months challenge is to revive an old shaped card.
Bibiana has created a beautiful 3D Halloween card.  Unfortunately in the UK we do not celebrate Halloween quite like the States so I have opted for a shaped Christmas card instead.
This card was used to demonstrate how to use both the positive and negative of dies and how they can create subtle differences to your cards.


I have used;
AC textured card and K & Company Winter Wonderland.
Spellbinder shapeabilities 2011 Snowflake Pendant, Create a flake 3 and
Ironworks Motifs.
Nestabilities Fleurs De Lis Square, Classic scalloped circles and Classic circles.
Sentiment by PI Lindsay Mason Grrrreat Christmas words.
Bling by K & Company.
Glitter by stickles Diamond.

I did manage some quality time with my youngest yesterday afternoon before the men came home.  
This is what we got up to.


A chocolate tray bake.  Nomn, nomn, with chocolate butter icing.  My little helper was particularly good at clearing up the bowl and the electric mixer prongs!
Still that was what I loved about baking with my Mum too.  
Waiting till after tea for a slice was a little harder to bare, but worth the wait.
My Mum used to do a lot of tray bake sponges when we were little, I especially remember her rainbow cake which always seemed so magical.  Every bite was a different colour!
In this house whenever I mention baking the first shout is always can we do chocolate.  I have no problem with that 'cause I want to eat it just as much as the boys.  
A tray bake cake is also a lot easier for little hands to decorate.

Back to today, can you believe I am still ironing!  I've been trying just to do a couple of hours a day and am onto my last pile today, phew, what a mountain that has been.  The only disappointing thing about it now is that it all has to go away.  
It is a bit like food shopping, I don't mind the process of doing it but I am not so keen in putting it away.
Both big boys are out working again today, I have yet to prize the little one from his electrical source but it is going to happen real soon. 
I really must crack on with a couple of card orders too, I just don't seem to have the mojo just now.  If you happen to find it can you post it back to me please?
Enjoy the rest of your Thursday and I'd love it if you'd join me for another oldie too tomorrow.  x

5 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, gorgeous card, the colours and snowflake dies are so beautiful, love the double easle design.
That cake looks fabulous. I would love to start baking again, but I would just eat it and that's not good for me, but I love homebaked cakes.
You'll have to show the boys how to iron, some men do, but not mine. I once asked what he would do if I broke my arms or worse died, for ironed clothes, answer.....I'd get a woman in, have a good day, hugs Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

those snowflakes are gorgeous and offset beautifully with the background papers - what a fab double easel card.
I don't know why I bother ironing anyway, when 'they' take an item of clothing out of the airing cupboard the rest of the pile looks like it's been picked up and thrown. Never mind, it was crease free for a while.
Oooh that cake looks so yummy - bet there isn't much of it left by now.
We've had several downpours here this morning so I've been in my craft room getting ready for my Farmers Market tomorrow.
Lorraine

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
wonderful card for Bibiana's Throwback Challenge.
Love those super snowflakes, and the wonderful double easel design.
My you chocolate cake looks very yummy.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol said...

This is a gorgeous easel card Erika, love the colours and fab die cuts. Licking out bowls is still the best part of baking...not quite the same now I have to be gluten free! Carol x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

hello my friend!
wow! wow! love the concept of the positive/negative displayed on the same card, love the shape too...
I apologize for coming here this late...but summer has kept me busy with other stuff...but I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support and participation at my TBT challenge!!!!
cheers
bibiana