Monday, July 13, 2015

Clean and simple, going green.

Good morning, how are you?
I ended up with a very quiet weekend, not planned but I appear to have done something to my back.
My treat of a hot stone massage usually is the perfect requirement for an achy back but this time not the case, although it is marvellous and did help a little.  That can mean only one thing, I'm off to the chiropractor tomorrow after work, hopefully if there is a problem a quick click and things should get back to normal.  I've not done too badly I think it's about 10 years since my last visit.
Being a tad achy it has meant I have done very little crafting, choosing to do a little light walking with the dog and carry on reading my book.
I was really looking forwards to getting out and about at the weekend but hey ho these things happen, I still can't help thinking I have wasted a week, just chilling out.

Back to some crafting today's card is another very minimal card from me and was another of last weeks challenge over at The Great Scheme of things, shades of green.


I am loving this less is more approach to card making just now, with lots of white card, creating a clean and refreshing feel. To create this card I have made a C6 card with a top fold. I have then used Stamping up set Gorgeous grunge and Distress inks Crushed olive and Peeled paint together with SU inks Old olive and Garden green to create the splashes. I have then inked with black archival the diagonal lines from the same stamp set and the sentiment by Hero Arts Great flourishes messages. Finally adding five clear pearls to finish. 

So what are your plans this week?
My hubby is back at work and my son has a couple of days too.  I'm hoping to manage a shift tomorrow and Wednesday.  Only time will tell.  I am then off till the following Tuesday so plenty of time to recuperate if need be.

It only remains for me to wish you all the best for the coming week, hope you have chance to fit in some crafting.  

2 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I hope your back feels better soon Erika and the trip to the Chiropractor is beneficial.
Love this CAS card, the stamping and layout is just perfect.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Aww your poor back, I hope your not suffering too ucha nd that it feels better soon.
Love your CAS card, the design is just fabulous, hugs Kate x