Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Phew it's a hot one today, what's in your garden.

Good afternoon, oh me, oh my, it's hot today?
We are just so not used to the warmth up here, two nice days and we are melting, some folk are never happy.  LOL.
A late post from me today, I took advantage of stocking up the cupboards first thing this morning before the boys break up tomorrow and before it gets too hot.
That's one less job to do now.
Today's job it is all about finishing off my teacher's gifts, as usually I have been making all week and left what I wanted to do till last.  Whilst I go and finish my projects I thought I'd leave you with another of my favourite flowers in the garden just now.


I believe this is a rhododendron. but I'm sure you'll correct me if I am wrong.  I do a bit of gardening but most successes are more luck than judgement.  Or should I say I am still learning as I am going along.  It certainly is the day to be out in the garden, although I tend to burn very easily so short sharp bursts are the best!

On to today's CAS card.


This is a card for a lovely lady called Ann who will be 70 this week.  I kept to a clean colour combo of grey, black and white, using Doodlebug paper, card stock and bling from my stash.
Keeping it simple and fresh looking.

I really must now finish off my crochet flowers and wee teachers cards or my youngest will not be a happy bunny.  The eldest boy is just taking in sweeties, easy done with a quick visit to work.
As for the rest of the day, maybe a BBQ later and a nice walk along the beach as it cools.
Mind you I can see a couple of boys insisting on a wee dooking when they get in, North sea calling!

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday in the sunshine, summer is here at last.

6 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Well it's 32 degrees here according to the weather man and I'm finding it way too hot. Trying to keep cool indoors. I had the fan switched to high but then my papers were blowing about so I had to turn it down :(
That's a lovely Rhododendron piccie, a very pretty colour and so full of blooms. I have a red one but it flowers the end of May give or take a week or two, so it only has leaves now.
I'm loving your CAS 70th Birthday card Erika, the scattered gems and dainty patterned paper is perfect for this design.
Lorraine

Lau W said...

Hello !
40 degrees on my terrace, I love the heat, I served! Too Much! But as you say, it is cold or too hot, never happy lol !! But tomorrow we'll have rain and storm...bouh, cold ? oh no !!! :-)))
Your card is beautiful, elegan, soft, love it, and sure that your friend will looove it !
xxx

Hazel said...

We are lucky as its not to hot, was muggy earlier. Your Rhododendron is beautiful. A gorgeous CAS card too. I hope the boys enjoyed their dip. Hazel x

karenlotty said...

Gorgeous card and a beautiful Rhodi whatsit
Enjoy your walk and the boys enjoyed their dip

Patricia said...

Hello Erika,
Beautiful Rhodi, really pretty colour.
Great card, love the design, perfect for any birthday.
Patricia x

Liz Miller said...

We didn't get the glorious sunshine and heat yesterday Erika but it has arrived today. There was spectacular thunder and lightening last night though. My son is off to work today with the story that it wasn't the thunder and lightening that freaked him out in the middle of the night but wakening up to the sight of the shadowy figure of his mother closing his window and trying desperately to turn off and unplug the electrical devices which he'd left on and was still attached to by headphones. Looks like there's to more of the same tonight. Enjoy the lovely weather. xx