Thursday, July 16, 2015

How about a walk through the wood, Papertrey ink style?

Good afternoon.  This later posting is becoming a bit of a habit.
This morning I had an appointment with my wee man and then we met hubby for lunch, he popped out from work to meet us locally.
So that's hubby working, my eldest working and the young one away playing, you know what that means?
Mummy's craft time!
I have a couple of bespoke cards to make and a couple of cards I need to make, so that will do to start with.  Then I think a dog walk will be on the cards and tea.
Is it just me or do the days seem to fly by?
Today's card is another of my posts for The Great Scheme of things, this weeks colour combo being, orange, green and brown.  Not one of my usual colour combinations so here is what I came up with.


To start with I made a C6 card with a side fold. 
This was an idea recently shared by the lovely ladies over at Papertrey ink.
The idea being to die cut an image and then colour it with your preferred medium. 
You heard me right, colour your die cut frames, now I have inked before but why have I never thought to colour them with pencils or pens?
I have used Papertrey ink cover plate In the Woods with my copic markers. Direct to the card I have stamped the image about friendship from Indigoblu Enjoy life. I added distress ink Spiced marmalade, Rusty hinge and Vintage photo around the sentiment starting with the lightest and working out. I have then added the frame with 3d foam to the card and finally places half a dozen orange embellishments to finish.
Can you remember the earlier card I made using this die with Gilding flakes?  
Here.....



It doesn't look like the same die does it?
So today I want to send out a wee "toots" to the girls working for Papertrey ink and thank them for the inspiration.  (Link above).

It only remains for me to wish you all the very best for the rest of today, enjoy yourselves whatever you have planned.
It's Friday again tomorrow, it happens every week, don't forget to dig out an oldie and join me with some crafty fun.  Bye for now.

3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Erika, hope you've enjoyed your ME time today. Your card is gorgeous, my kind of colours, loving the tree image, I have to say that you are quite right both cards look so different even although the same image, hugs Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a beautiful friendship card Erika. I think we all tend to get stuck using things in the same way until a light-bulb moment comes along and then we can't understand why we hadn't thought of it before.
A similar thing happened to me the other day, I was hunting through my cardstock for a particular shade of blue and could not match the colour to my image - after quite a while looking in various places and even trying different colours to see if I could get away with that it suddenly dawned on me - white cardstock coloured with my Promarkers to the exact colour! I could have saved myself so much time. I have heard this done many a time so why it didn't come to me before I'm not sure. Ah well, age and all that. take care.
Lorraine

Diane said...

Gorgeous designs Erika and love the wonderful sentiment.

Hugs Diane