Monday, July 20, 2015

Crafting with gelli!

Good morning all, how was your weekend?
I had a busy day on Saturday, food shopping and hair cutting, then off to our local Gala fete in the afternoon.  The boys didn't want to go to the disco so we ended up watching a couple of films instead.
On Sunday my boys went to play Airsoft near Inverness and had an absolute great time and a very long day, coming home full of stories and shattered.
It was also the family quiz last night at the Gala, a really good family fun night out.  We came joint third out of 53 teams so I was quite chuffed with that.

At the gala today it has already been the sandcastle competition with a packed beach, my two again seem to have grown out of this activity, although in previous years we've always gone down for this event.  Later on today it is the fancy dress parade and disco so we'll be going down to see that.

With the holidays in full flow my youngest boy and I got out my acrylic paints and gelli plate for a little fun away from the electronics.
Now I haven't played much with my gelli plate at all so it was good fun getting all clarty with paint.
Here is my first attempt of a sunset.


My youngest enjoyed adding all the paint and getting stuck in but preferred to go back to the normal paint brush instead.  I think the paints blended to quickly for him.
His first attempt at gelli printing.


I love the bursts of colour it almost looks like fireworks in a night sky going off over a house roof.
Don't you agree?

He went back to what he would use at school and did his version of a sunsetting over the sea.


Finally I had a little seaside adventure.


Oh did we make a mess, but isn't that all part of the fun?!
It was certainly just nice to spend some quality time together.  The draw of the electricity can sometimes be too great!

As for the rest of today I have some dreaded housework to do and a couple of cards to make then hopefully a bit of fun later at the disco.  Enjoy your Monday.  Working again for me tomorrow and Wednesday so I might not be around or you could get a later post.
Back soon!

4 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Sounds like a fun week planned (not the work bit though). It's difficult to keep children occupied in the holidays and as you say they seem to much rather be in front of a screen than creating or playing. Hark at me! that's what I've been doing for the past hour :/
Lovely gelli plate pictures, I haven't tried this but it looks fun.
Enjoy your week.
Lorraine

Diane said...

Sounds like a fun weekend Erika, what fun gelli plate colors I have never used them but I will give it a try.

Hugs Diane

Shazza said...

sounds like a fun weekend, wish I could persuade my two to spend time with me instead of the electronics :-(
Enjoy your week x

Hazel said...

You two have had done good fun, they look good . Well done for coming in third. Hazel x