Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Hump day and feeling a little green, crafty style of course!

Good afternoon, another day has whizzed by.  A busy morning at work, although not as hectic as yesterday, which was nice.
Home for lunch and then just chilling with my boys who intend to dook again later today.

Today's crafty offering for you is my card for The Great Scheme of Things this week, the colour combination being shades of green.
This is what I came up with.


Green is one of my favourite colours, calm and relaxing, after teal and blue, can you see the trend of my colour palette?  
Nature maybe has a hand in my favourite colours wouldn't you agree?

For this card I have first created a 6" square card and a 5" frame for my card in white, 1" in depth. Then I stamped it with Stampers Anonymous Botanical sketch and Distress ink Crushed olive. I used the technique second generation stamping which sounds very technical but basically just means you ink the rubber as normal but the first stamp is on scrap paper and the second is on your finished work. It just gives a lighter imprint and is subtler for a background. I then used my blending tool to add more Crushed olive ink and then Peeled paint distress ink around the edges. The sentiment is stamped direct to the card and is by Indigo blue Enjoy life. I have then added three punched daisy's with green confetti, to match the sentiment.  
Thanks to Christel my crafty buddy who gave me the confetti to match whilst cropping on Sunday.  Confetti is probably the one crafting product I do not own.  

This card could be for any occasion, I just loved the sentiment so had to use it.  
I spent many hours as a kid, particularly sat on the school playing field making daisy chains with my pals. 
Do kids still do that now?
I have boys who would never be seen dead playing with daisies!  And I mean literally.  LOL.  

That's all from me today, as for the rest of the afternoon, will it be my book calling, my crocheting or my card making.  One thing that won't be calling is the housework, 'cause I won't hear it.
Enjoy the rest of your "hump" day.  

3 comments:

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Erika, love the colours and the fantastic sentiment.
I used to love making Daisy Chains as well. You hardly see Daisy's now, people keep the grass everywhere very short.
Hugs
Patricia xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a beautiful stamped sentiment and a lovely frame to show it off Erika. Those pretty little daisies are a great finishing touch too.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card Erika with beautiful papers, such a true sentiment too, love it, hugs Kate x