Thursday, July 02, 2015

School's out for summer, a little hooking teachers gift, Scottish crafty style.

Good afternoon, again I don't know where the morning has gone.  I guess you could say I've enjoyed a lazy one as it is my last taste of freedom before the school holidays begin?
Really I should be rushing around getting on top of everything but it is so lovely outside it would be rude not to enjoy it!
Today I thought I'd share this years teachers gifts with you, as usually I was still making these last night, where would be the fun in being organised!
In my youngest boys class, one of the mums initiated a whip round for both the teachers, to get one big gift instead of lots of little ones.  I think this is always a great idea but I also wanted to send a personal little thank you from myself too.  This is what I made.


My finished thistles, I have added a pin on the back and a wee bit of matching purple tartan ribbon.
Patricia and Hazel your influence is paying off too.  I even made the boxes, albeit simple ones.  I've never gone down this route before, yes, I've made fancy boxes for demonstrations and for special occasions but not like this.  I did think of decorating them but I wanted to keep them simple concentrating on the inside gift, if that makes sense?
I shall be doing it more now, it makes the gift look so much more finished, if you understand my drift?!


You can see the tartan ribbon a little better on this close up.

I also made a couple of tiny cards to attach to their boxes.  I do like little cards, strange but true.
LOL.


I decided to go with the more traditional teachers gift of an apple for the cards.  The apple stamp is a new range called Schoolhouse by Tim and Stampers Anonymous, coloured with my copic markers the matte and layered.  I've added a wee bit of string to finish.

So the holidays commence at 2.30 this afternoon, it is tradition in the village that the children leaving the school all go and jump in the sea after being piped out of school, in full uniform!
Even though mine aren't leaving there is always a good crowd down there and an almost party atmosphere, no doubt we'll be heading down to watch the goings on.
Enjoy the rest of your Thursday and more from me tomorrow with another oldie, Friday again!

5 comments:

Patricia said...

Brilliant gifts Erika, I really love those Thistles.
Super wee cards as well, they will be loved and treasured.
Have good fun this afternoon.
At least it a bit warmer than the norm for their wee "dook" in the water!!!
Patricia xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

The teachers will be over the moon to receive these lovely handmade gifts Erika. What a novel idea. They look a bit tricky to make and no doubt take quite a bit of time too but are fabulous little keepsakes.
Lorraine

Hazel said...

Erika, these are fantastic, I also love your little cards. Well we have rain again. Oh what fun. Hazel x

cuilliesocks said...

Oh these thistles are just gorgeous, I am sure the teachers will just love them, and their little boxes are just perfect, I love the cards too, fabulous presentation, hugs Kate x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

now I see those thistles...wonderful...
did you have a tutorial?
bibiana