Tuesday, July 07, 2015

A golden ray on this cloudy day.

Good afternoon all and how are you?
Gosh that was a morning and a half at work today?
Still I'm back home now, refreshed after lunch and a cup of tea, time to get my blogging head on.
Today I have another bespoke order for you this time for my parents who wanted a Golden Wedding anniversary card.


I have used my Medallion Impression plate from Papertrey ink together with embossing ink and gold Pearl Ex powder.  I have then mounted on gold, added the ribbon, bling and personalised sentiment.

Did I mention that this Medallion plate is one of my favourites just now, I have used it loads.
I really like the detail you get when using the powders and embossing ink.
I'm easily pleased?

What to do the rest of today?
I believe my boys want to go dooking in the sea later in the afternoon.
I am swaying between baking, ironing or crafting?!
The decisions I have to make.
I might try and see if I can get one of the boys to help me bake first, they're very good at eating the finished article but not so keen in helping like they did when they were little.  I always then mention the children's story, I can't remember what it is called but it is about a Hen.  She wants to bake some bread but no one will help her cut the wheat, mill it or bake the bread.  They all however want to eat the bread, which she doesn't allow because they wouldn't help making it.
Apparently I always use this story when they won't help, obviously the subtle message is not getting through.  LOL.
I guess I need a more direct approach?!*

Anyway that's all from me today, another late post tomorrow as I'm working again.  Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday.  x

9 comments:

Lau W said...

Happy tuesday !
Rain here...
hmmm it should have rained yesterday lol
I would not have been in the garden and the bee would not lol stung me! I'm fine, I have no trace of the bite ouff! I was a bit scared anyway lol!
;-)
Love your card, the embossing is nice, and this is so elegant !
Yes, me too, love ribbon and lace, addict lol !!!
Big hugs my friend !
xxx

Lau W said...

Me again lol !
Forgot:
I would be less present on blogs in the coming weeks. My husband is on vacation, we stay at home, but I will spend a little less time on the Internet ;-)
xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a lovely card, the impression and gold detailing that plate leaves on the card is very stylish and elegant and sure to please the recipient. How lovely it must be to reach 50 Golden Years of marriage.
I hope the baking went well and the weather stayed fine for the 'dooking'. I can recall that little hen story too, remember reading it to my two girls, they never liked helping out either, lol.
Lorraine

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Erika, I love the stunning design.
Hope the rest of the day went as you wanted it to
Hugs
Patricia xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
super creation with your plate thingy.
I don't think I have heard of that.
Lovely golden wedding anniversary card created with it.
Yes your very right, and I do remember my boys used to love to eat what was baked, but not have any idea of helping to make it.
So glad my Grand children do love to bake with me, and they are really good at it too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Erika what a gorgeous card!

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Erika, gorgeous card, love the design and just perfect for the occasion, hugs Kate x

Hazel said...

Erika, was your book not called " The Little Red Hen" by Ladybird books. Love your card, so subtle and so beautiful. Hazel x

Anonymous said...

Hi Erika. I love your blog site, but even more I love your "Do I look like a morning person?" mug. This was my friend's favourite mug - and I broke it! I have been looking for a replacement ever since. Can you let me know where you bought it please? Many thanks.
Janette