Monday, July 27, 2015

Shabby chic wedding time.

Good afternoon all, how are you this Monday?
I don't know about you but the holidays seem to be flying by and I seem to be achieving very little.
That's our Gala over for another year, the band on Saturday night were brilliant and my pal and I boogied the evening away.  I have posted a you tube link later in this post for you to hear the band.
Sunday was spent relaxing and catching up with some housework.
I'm feeling brave this week and am even planning on tackling this craft room.  Scary!
You never know what I might find!!

At the weekend my immediate boss at work had her sisters wedding.  She has put a lot of hard work into the Wedding Day and I hope it went well.
She asked me to make a card for the lovely couple on her behalf, asking for a soft colour combination and a "shabby chic" approach.
This is what I made for her.



The sentiment was printed on the computer, the floral embossing folder by cricut carries on the floral effect in the vintage lace.  Over the lace I have added a string of pearl sequins with a subtle sheen topped with two heart dies by Papertrey ink, rings and ribbon from my stash.
To finish I have distressed the edges of the card.  The box was made in matching card but I just added two more of the hearts with initials and the same ribbon.

They are such a lovely family so I do hope they all had a super days celebration.

Back to Saturday night and here is a wee you tube clip of the band.


I really enjoyed a good dance about.  Let's hope we can get them back again next year.

Guess what I have a lovely huge pile of ironing to tackle again this afternoon, how does it happen?
You just get on top of the mountain and then boom it's huge again.  I think my lot have too many clothes!
Hopefully if I get the rest of my jobs completed I might get some crafty fun in later.  Fingers crossed.
Enjoy the rest of your Monday.  

5 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love your beautiful Wedding card Erika, you definitely captured the shabby chic style and it looks perfect.
Hope you haven't gotten lost in the ironing pile.
Lorraine

Patricia said...

Beautiful card Erika, I love it
Happy Ironing
Patricia xxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

The embossing is so crisp and beautiful ..a super stylish card
Glad I discovered your blog
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

cuilliesocks said...

Enjoying the band Erika, with them it would have been a good boogie.
lovely card, very elegant and I'm sure the couple loved it. Happy ironing, hugs Kate x

Carol said...

A beautiful card Erika, love the design. Sounds like a great end to the gala. My ironing basket seems to have filled itself too! Enjoy your evening. Carol x