Monday, September 16, 2013

The big reveal....lets start with Christmas, ho, ho, ho!

As the first snow has been sighted on the hills this weekend lets start with our snow card....it seems somewhat appropriate don't you think?

After a brisk and breezy walk on the beach this morn I can certainly feel a chill in the air....#get out your woollies!
To the card.....


For this card I have used Sue Wilson's A4 embossing folder Interlocking circles, the new Spellbinder 2013 Snowflake pendant (these snowflakes just get better year on year) together with stamp set Huge snow from Woodware, paper from Dovecraft Back to basics Christmas.  The glitter is Distress dry glitter clear rock candy and bling from my stash.
We cut out the snow twice and layered the colours and the Spellbinder snowflake on the O. 

As for the Craft retreat in Aberdeen, I think it went down well.  I certainly enjoyed my day yesterday and met some lovely ladies plus familiar faces....you know who you are!!  Lots of hard work and giggles but don't just take my word for it why not pop over to the blog and see some of the finished projects here.  You'll also get a better look at my projects before I reveal them later this week with further details.
The girls have also set a date for the next one in spring 2014, a 3 day event.  Whoop!
#I best go and check my diary.

So what do I have planned today?
I have a couple of bespoke cards to create plus a huge heap of ironing, can't wait!
The food cupboards are running low too.
Doesn't it just sound like an exciting day?
On the upside the weather doesn't seem to be as bad as the predicted forecast for today.....will I need to eat my words later?  Only time will tell.

I'm signing off for today, away to get a cuppa to help me decide what to start first.  Enjoy your Monday whatever you have planned.
Happy crafting.  x

4 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Great card Erika, that is a wonderful stamp, lovely papers too.

Pleased to hear the retreat went well, hugs Kate x

Patricia said...

Loving your card, those letters are great.
Glad your retreat went well.
You must pop the dates of the 3 day event on here. I would love to be able to get there. Might be able to talk my sister Hazel (baskets of joy) to join me.
Happy crafting
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Kat said...

Loving this one Erika. That new Spellbinders snowflake pendant looks soooo nice. Wonder if sitting on my hands would do any good!!!

Kat xx

marion said...

Absolutely fabulous, love it, hugs, Marion