Tuesday, September 03, 2013

And now for something a little different.......less is more don't you know?!

Hi back again today and as I type I am looking out my craft room window, it's a beautiful clear blue sky, the sun is shinning and there's a nice breeze in the air. 
I'm just back from my early morning walk with the dog which is usually just over an hour, not the beach today but up through the country lanes instead. 
Time now to up date my blog whilst slurping a nice hot cup of earl grey tea....I've snaffled a couple of M & S biccies too!
I do wish hubby wouldn't buy them when he pops in to get a milk and bread.  Nomn, nomn.
My mind works on the principal the sooner I eat them all the less the temptation.  You can loose the weight but never the desire to eat something sweet and yummy.  I can not resist!

Back to today and as I showed you the last of my demonstration cards yesterday today I have something completely different.  The last few bespoke cards I have been naughty and not taken pictures of, usually keen just to get them to the customer but this one I remembered. 
This is a less is more card and was for a baby's Christening.


For this card I have used silver ultra thick embossing powder with an anchor stamp by PSX, button and cord from my stash and Martha Stewart punch Traditional scallop.

Now I must explain the nautical theme for a Christening card...the parents have Naval connections hence the anchor and button with rope theme.  I wanted to include the theme but still keep to a simple classic Christening style card. 
I do have a little sailor duck stamp which I thought might work, it was my first stamp I ever bought, but it didn't have the same feel.  It would have been great for a first birthday maybe but not a formal event like a Christening.
I was happy with the outcome and I do hope Lara's mum and dad like it too.

That's me done for today, I got my second class for the retreat designed yesterday so today it's thinking cap on for my third and final class.  Wish me luck!
Enjoy your Tuesday and happy crafting.  x

6 comments:

Lau W said...

Superb, no...fantastic card, so sweet !!
xxx

Patricia said...

What a fantastic card, absolutely brilliant theme I am sure the parents will be delighted.
Happy crafting

Patricia xxx

Kat said...

Beautiful Erika, very elegant. I love your CAS cards.

Kat xx

Unknown said...

WOW so simple and so sweet, love it Erika, especially the anchor embellishment. Hubby was in the Royal Navy and Merchant Navy (Royal Fleet Auxillary) and I worked for many years with Navy personnel. So soft spot for me.

Wilma x x x

Shazza said...

it is beautiful, very elegant x

Hazel said...


I thought I had commented on this beautiful card, it must have been last night when my iPad just would not play ball and let me comment.

Hazel x