Wednesday, September 18, 2013

3d emboss that wreath....I did it my way!

A later post from me today with work, a child home from lunch and dog walking duties all now done.  Time to catch up in blog land.
Today I have the last of my Christmas card class and we have used the new beautiful 3d Christmas wreath by Spellbinders.

 
I have used sentiment stamp Wishing you by Woodware, Ranger distress pens Fired brick and Barn door together with red Stickles.  The Spellbinder die is Fancy tags, twine and bling from my stash with paper from The Papeterie in Aberdeen.
I used Versamark direct onto the embossing folder and then added Perfect pearl Green Patina to the card after embossing.  The card is a 6" easel card. 
I love these newer Spellbinder embossing folders, the detail is fabulous and very subtle with the perfect pearls.  You could take it further and add bling or buttons for the holly but I like it the way it is.

So what have I got on for the rest of the day?
The boys have drumming and band practise.  I have a project to make for my post this weekend over on It's a Creative World.  What to come up with?!  Decisions, decisions.....
I have a joint of pork slow cooking in the kitchen #JamieOliver's new program....cook it big and slow!!
If the smell is anything to go by....mmmmmmm!
Enjoy the rest of your hump day and more from me tomorrow.  x

8 comments:

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Erika, love your card, very effective.
May I come to your house for tea, I can almost smell that pork!!!!
You may link to anything on my Blog.
Hazel and I are both happy to share any of our ideas
If we did not share I think we would all run out of ideas rather quickly
Happy crafting
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is gorgeous Erika. Marlene

Hazel said...

Erika, I have just got home and found your message, that's is definitely ok with me, I got the link from Christine's cards and crafts. She comments on mine and Patricia's blog. Christine Harrop I am sure that's her name I couldn't put a link on as I am not that clued up. The boxes are so easy I had the girls doing them last night and they wanted to do them again tonight but I wanted home so they were going to have a go themselves. It will be interesting to see how they have got on.

Hazel x

Hazel said...


Erika just me again I love your card it's stunning. Now like Patricia I could almost smell your pork mmmmmm. I hope it was good.

Hazel x

Unknown said...

Hi Erika, I have been waiting on you posting this card as I wanted to see how you had created it after seeing photos of the Craft Retreat at the weekend. I have this embossing folder and was trying to work out how to use it and now if I follow your instructions I may came up with something passable. Your card is divine as was the other two, you have been a busy lady.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful creations.

Wilma x x x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Erika, gorgeous card, as always of course. Lovely wreath die and such a lovely design.
Enjoy your roast pork, yum!! hugs Kate x

marion said...

Very stylish your card, hugs, Marion. PS Alas I already coloured the image and then decided that I wanted to tear it, so had some stressing moments there hehe.

scrappymo! said...

This is so gorgeous! Love that embossing design and they way you have done it.