Tuesday, September 24, 2013

And now for a little inky number!

Back again after another day in work, not what I expected today either.  I usually work behind the scenes but today I was front of house for most of the day.  "Variety is the spice of life!"
Or so it is said.
This next item was my third class in Aberdeen and it was my stamping and inky class.  This project was to introduce masking as a stamping technique but also using distress ink and markers for water colouring.
Oh and I forgot to add.....it's PINK!


This is the project closed.


And open.

For this I have used Spellbinder dies; Grand circles, Classic circles and Grand large scalloped circles.  The stamps are Button Florals by Same Poole at Creative Expressions.  I have used distress stain Peeled paint and markers Spun sugar, Peeled paint and Black soot.  The centre of the flowers are black gems and a small circle of pink card, all card from the Papeterie.
Finally I have attached together with black brads and a wee bit of white seam binding.

The only thing you need to remember, which doesn't apply to my telescopic card, is if you have writing on the middle circle when putting together with brads it must be upside down to the large and small circle, that way when it opens all the writing is the same way up. 

This style of card could be made with the smaller Spellbinder circles but I wanted it to fit in a 6" card box or envelope.
I think it makes a nice change to a regular card.

More from me tomorrow, I ended up cleaning my windows yesterday evening as it was such a lovely night so still have the dreaded ironing to face and a couple of bespoke cards.  I wonder if I will change my mind tonight and do something else?!  Decisions, decisions!
I know that is how exciting my life gets on a Tuesday.  :)
Enjoy the rest of your day.  x

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Good evening Erika,
A fantastic project I love it.
Makes a really different kind of card.
I have just made a decision!!! off to put my feet up.
Be Happy whatever you do
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Hazel said...


Erika I love the design of this card, it's just that bit different. As for carrying my bags for Canada sorry husband has volunteered to do that, I can believe that two weeks tonight I will be like a headless chicken. Or have a cracking headache. Not looking forward to the 9 hr flight.
Oh enjoy doing the ironing.

Hazel x