Monday, September 02, 2013

How about a sprinkling of snow, Spellbinder style?

Time for snow again, so wrong when the sun is shinning outside, but it has to be done, after all it is September already.  Where has the year gone? 
Before we know it, that time of year will be back around again!

Anyway I hope you all had a super weekend?

I had a very lazy day yesterday, I had planned to go fruit picking but the weather wasn't great so I finished a book Me before you by Jojo Moyes.  Oh my what a great book but beware I had a soggy tissue at the end. 
I then decided to make the biggest dish/floor cloth ever!  LOL.  Two balls of cotton for my cloth in the hope that the housework is completed even quicker...do you think it will work?

Back to today's card and this style is inspired by Marianne's folding cards.


This is mine closed.


Open stage one.


Open and stood up.


And finally inside.
You can find instructions to make these cards if you click on Marianne's name above along with two other cards along the same lines.  Aren't they fab?  Thanks for sharing Marianne.  x

For my card I have used the following products;
Spellbinder 2013 Snowflake pendant, Grand large scalloped, Opulent ovals and Grand classic circles.
Embossing folder Christmas wreath by Crafts too.
Stamps Woodware Huge snow and PI Snowflakes with holographic sparkle embossing powder.
The wreath is coloured with distress pens Broken china, Barn door and Crushed olive.
Papers by Docraft At Christmas and bling from my stash.

I love the way to close this card the semi-circle sides pop under the snowflake to secure but it would look equally as nice tied with a big bow, using eyelets to attach to the card.  It would make a super Wedding card for a special couple don't you think?  Obviously not in Christmas paper, that goes without saying, but thought I better mention it just in case someone out there thinks really?!  In Christmas papers?!

I'm starting to waffle so that means it is time to leave.  Today I am hoping to plan my second class of three for the up coming retreat the middle of this month in Aberdeen so I'm away to get my thinking cap on.  Have a super Monday.  x

5 comments:

Lau W said...

So beautiful, very nice work Erika ! This is very original !
Happy September my friend !
xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Outstanding and stunning work Erika. Very unusual, just love everything about it, gorgeous dies and stamps, Kate x

Unknown said...

Very pretty and unusual card today, looks ok closed but amazing when opened up. Love it and the papers are lovely. Thinking cap on then girl, standards to keep up. Happy crafting.

Wilma x x x

Patricia said...

Great design Erika, I love it.
I might just borrow that idea if you don`t mind.
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Liz Miller said...

This card was a lovely design Erika and showcased the dies and folder perfectly. Thank you for the link to Marianne's blog post. More lovely fold designs there.
Liz xx