Tuesday, September 17, 2013

It really wouldn't be Christmas without a red poinsettia.

Morning all.
Back again today with another Christmas card and this time a little bit of dramatic red and black.
On Sunday this was the last cards in my class and not all got it finished with goodie bags to collect and the raffle.  Hopefully with the picture today and instructions for the bow you will manage the finishing touches at home.


For this card I have used Spellbinder dies Gold labels four and Layered Poinsettia (one of my all time favourite dies) embossing folder by Sue Wilson Interlocking circles.  The leaves are a Martha Stewart punch, the sentiment stamp is from Woodware Wishing you, with bling and ribbon from my stash.  Not that you can really see the ribbon on this photograph but this is how it is made.....


You need 3 lengths of ribbon, a long, medium and short.


Place double sided tape on the centre of your largest strip of ribbon on the back and bring in the two ends to create loops or bunny ears.


Place double sided tap on the back where your join is and add the middle strip to the longer strip.  Finish off the ends as preferred.


To tidy the whole bow off, add more double sided tape to the back of the medium strip and wrap the small piece around the centre and attach at the back, simples!
Then attach your ribbon to the card.

I love these style of ribbons as you don't get the huge knot in the middle, good for posting.

This morning I have had another brisk and breezy walk out with the pup, finished a couple of card orders and now I have to decide what to tackle next.  After a day yesterday of appointments and music lessons I didn't really achieve everything I set out to do so a catch up day today.  I also manages to chop a wee end of my thumb whilst making tea last night!  Ouch!
You know when the kids shout "Mum" and you look up to see what is going on whilst still chopping away at the vegetables.  It is fine, although the pup keeps trying to take the plaster off and I've ended up using my scalpel to remove my tape and 3d foam backs this morning whilst crafting.....who would have thought a thumb was so useful?!
Enjoy your Tuesday, I'll be back tomorrow with the last of my Christmas cards from Sunday.
Happy crafting.  x

6 comments:

marion said...

Looks fabulous and so stylish, hugs, Marion

Shazza said...

Tis a gorgeous card, love it x

Hazel said...


Gorgeous card Erika,

Hazel x

Patricia said...

Another great card Erika, I really like it.
I did not chop my thumb but broke my nail really far down. Did not realise I used that thumb nail for so many things!!!
Hugs

Patricia xxx

cuilliesocks said...

An Elegant card Erika, wonderful rich colour, love it. Yeh, thumbs are important, hugs Kate x

Kat said...

Gorgeous Erika. Love that bow and thanks for sharing how to make it. I saw all the projects on the Papeterie blog and they are all very impressive. Lucky ladies who were there last weekend!

Kat xx