Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!

Good afternoon and how are you today?
Another busy day for me, first thing I delivered my eldest boy to Aberlour Distillery for his work experience.  He looked very smart in his uniform.  I hope he has had a good day and has been kept busy.  I've just got to wait and see if he can make it home safely, he's been given a bus fare and timetable, the challenge has been set!
My youngest has come home today with all his work from the year.  I've had a quick look with him, lots of lovely pictures.  He has definitely had a much better year than he did last year.  Onwards and upwards.

This morning was also spent doing a big shop.  I used to do one every week before I started working for M & S but I tend now to just go once a month or maybe twice for bulk, and pick up fresh bits and bobs whilst working.  I don't know whether I actually save money shopping like that but at least the food is a lot fresher.  It certainly doesn't hurt as much as doing a big shop.  I haven't told hubby yet what I have spent today.
Is it just me, but when the cupboards are full, my lot seem to eat more?
In a couple of days, mark my words, the cupboards will be looking low again.

Enough of my chit chat, let's get onto some crafting.  More cards again.  This time more stock for me.
As yesterday's post these cards have been made using PVA glue and mighty fine napkins.


The sentiment "By the sea" is by Hobby Art Ltd.  The napkins have again been matte and layered before placing on the Kraft card.
I like this sentiment as it is perfect for different occasions.
I just can't seem to get away from a clean and simple style at the moment.  The more card showing the better!

I'm away now to start my youngest boys teachers cards and gifts.  I have cheated this year and bought some handmade goodies from my friend Kerry, more about that very soon.
Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday.

5 comments:

Cara said...

Lovely cards. They look great in the kraft and that sentiment is fabulous. Cara x

Patricia said...

Fantastic cards Erika and a brilliant idea, love them.
What a great sentiment perfect for your cards.
Hope your son has made it home ... Oh! the joys of rural living.
Patricia X

cuilliesocks said...

Oooooer love these cards Erika, I love anything seaside related, brilliantly designed too. I love this shape of card one I don't use all that much, don't know why.
Hope your son had a good day at his new job, Kate x

Lau W said...

Love the theme of the sea and your cards are faaaabulouuus !
xxx
the sentiment is perfect !

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I hope your son had a good day at 'work', very daunting for them to go on work experience.
Love this set of cards, fantastic use of those napkins and a great shape too.
Lorraine