Thursday, June 16, 2016

For an extra special teacher.

Good afternoon and how are you today?
I hope you are having better weather than us just now?
Let's just say this mornings walk was a tad wet.  The understatement of the year!  The dog and I came home a little wet, I had worn the correct clothing for the weather so was only damp, the dog was a different matter.  This then led to the delight that is odeur de chien mouille!  (Sorry there's no accent on the e Lau, my computer says "no"!)
And the reason for changing into french, well, wet dog smell sounds more appealing than it really is, don't you think?

Today I have a card for you that my mum asked me to make for a family friend who is retiring from teaching at the end of the month.


I have used papers by DCWV and two hand buttons, together with scrabble pieces and clipart by PCHugware.  A blast from the past, I haven't used my hugware for ages.

That's all from me today, in a moment I have to take the boys for their check up with the dentist after school.  I am hoping once back home and after tea is sorted to have a little craft time due to the sport coverage.
One good thing about the football being on the TV is that I am spending far more time productively crafting.  Always good to look at the positive point of view.

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday, I do hope you are having better weather us.  It's pants!

6 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Erika, great design and embellishments.
I'd forgotten what it's like to walk a dog in the rain, I've been brutally reminded over the last couple of days, Kate x

Cara said...

I love this card, just the right level of childish fun. Hope you warmed up and the smell improved. Cara x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Just perfect for a teacher with the black board and pencils. Those hand buttons look great too. Hope you and the dog had a better evening walk, it's been a mixed bag here today weather wise, one minute it's brilliant sunshine and the next, a heavy downpour :(
Lorraine

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So fab, love it. Sunny morning, torrential rain at times this afternoon, then sunny!

Patricia said...

Brilliant card, perfect for a retiring teacher.
Very WET here as well, Oh! dear I feel another WET walk for you today.
Patricia xxx

Lau W said...

hihi !!! l'odeur de chien mouillé......accent on the E ;-)) ahaaa !!
You're better with french langage that the computer :-)))
Poor dog and poor you, the weather is so bad....here too lol ! My cat is depressed lol ! pffff !

Your card is fabulous, love the papers and all details !
xxx