Thursday, June 09, 2016

A few new projects in the pipeline. What to do first?

Good evening and how are you today?
What a gloriously sunny day we have had today and I've only just put the washing machine on now. I've missed that boat today!

I haven't anything creative to show you at the moment as I was in hospital for my operation this week.  All seems to have gone well, I'm a little tired and sore but other than that fighting fit.  Today I have spent a little more time on my current project with a few other card orders mounting up.  I need to get moving and crack on with things.
Today I thought I would show you a couple of up and coming projects.  The first is a book that a couple of my pals on Facebook had.  Now I was planning on making a stag head for my dining room using a cardboard model but when I saw these I just had to grab the pattern book.  The trouble is I don't know what I want to do first.


I am definitely making the deer, but I also love the shaggy bear, oh and the itty bitty mice are so cute too.  I think I will have lots of fun with this book.

This second gift arrived today with a beautiful handmade card from my lovely pal Gayle.
You spoil me young lady!
Gayle got me one of these cute boxes for my birthday too so I just had to show you it.


And the contents...


Each box had a different project inside, my birthday one is for a lovely patterned flannel and it had a charm and a handmade soap with it, together with all the bits including the instructions to make the project.  This time it is a wrap to keep my hooks in, a little notebook and pen with a charm and again all the bits and instructions to make the project.
Isn't it lovely?
I can't wait to dig in and give them both a shot.

That's all from me today I am away to find an oldie to share with you tomorrow.  Enjoy the rest of your Thursday folks.

6 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Glad the op went well. Rest up until you are recovered.how cute is that little box, not sure on the heads though, they look sweet but would freak me out on the wall

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I hope you are recovering nicely Erika, resting up and taking care of yourself. Looking forward to seeing your crochet animal heads, they sound interesting but I'd find them very complex to do, but with with your skills at crochet you will have no trouble. x
Lorraine

Patricia said...

Hello Erika, glad the opp went well, look after yourself, don't be doing too much.
Ooooo!! that box of Chochet goodies looks wonderful.
I thought you had made the a card with all those animal heads. What a great idea, I like that.
Have a good day
Patricia xxx

Barb said...

I'm glad to hear your operation went well. Take it easy and enjoy a bit of crafting time. What a lovely present from your friend. Barbxx

cuilliesocks said...

Ah now I recall about your op. Pleased to hear it went well.
Waht a gorgeous little box to receive, a beautiful gift.
Are the animal heads large??, interesting project to do, Take care, Kate x

Cara said...

Glad the op went well. Make sure you don't overdo it, Cara x