Monday, June 06, 2016

Less is more, with a splash of water.

Good evening and what a cracking day!
It has been beautiful here all day.
I started a new shift at work today and now every Monday, our task to keep the place clean and tidy! The ops team made a good start today and we were all fairly pooped at the end of it.  On the upside I've had my workout for the day this morning.

When I got home I really should have started on my own housework but it was too nice outside to be inside beavering away.  I decided to take a little water colouring outside in the garden and try out my new water colour pencils that hubby bought me for my birthday.

I decided to join this week's challenge over at the Less is more blog, to create a card CAS using the colour purple.  I have used Stampers Anonymous, Flower garden stamp set together with my water colour pencils to create this simple card.


I also added the sentiment by Waltzingmouse, three pearls and a bit of glitter using Tattered angels Glimmer Glam paint just on the very tips of the flowers.  The glitter is very subtle, so subtle the photo doesn't really show it well, but in real life it just catches the light and brings the flower alive.

That's all from me today I'm away to work a little more on my project before watching the Sewing Bee, I wonder what they'll be making this week?
I love that show.  Do you watch it?

16 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a very elegant card Erika with this gorgeous single flower taking centre stage. Lovely water colouring, looks like you enjoyed using your new pencils.
Lorraine

Esther said...

Gorgeous card - you've coloured it so nicely. Lovely entry for this week's LIM challenge :) I just finished the Sewing Bee too!

Liz said...

Lovely card and so beautifully coloured. xx

Susan said...

Pretty CAS Card, perfect for the challenge. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful, love it Erika, it's a gorgeous image and coloured so well.
Hope you rested well last night after your cleaning duties, Kate x

Lau W said...

A superb colouring, very nice c&s card Erika !
We have nice weather here, since 3 days wow lol ! Miracle !
xx

Mrs A. said...

A most elegant CAS card. Love the colours. Very interested to know what you think of your new water colouring pencils. I need to buy some new ones as the cheap ones I have are useless. Keep breaking every time I sharpnen them! Hugs Mrs A.

Evelyn S. said...

It's a beautiful flower...and that bit of glitter is perfect! (Your coloring is also wonderful; I first thought it was painted.)

Cara said...

This is just beautiful, love the shading, Cara x

AlisonC said...

It is simple but caught my eye straight away. Colouring while in the garden sounds very pleasant. We have to make the most of it don't we?

karenlotty said...

I love it I don't colour except a colouring book now and again I'm still on my first one which I bought a year ago to take on holiday! Makes my hand ache
Yes I'm a Sewing Bee addict! I love it Have you got a favourite yet

Kathyk said...

Delightful make

Kathyk

Barb said...

Hi Erika, here I am catching up again. That's really pretty. How lovely to sit outside and do some water colouring. I'm sure you enjoyed yourself. Barbxx

Chrissie said...

Gorgeous purple bloom and elegant simplicity with all that fab white space!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

What beautiful shading on your bloom Erika - super card!
Thanks so much for joining us this week
Anne
"Less is More"

Ann said...

What a lovely and beautiful card.