Thursday, June 23, 2016

Leaving the flying life behind to go for a good walk ruined!

Good afternoon, I missed a post yesterday, whoops, by the time I sat down I was shattered so had a quiet couple of hours before retiring.
I don't know about you but the last couple of days have been beautiful here in Scotland.  I was on the beach yesterday morning at 7 and it was stunning and dare I say warm too.  More of the same today although, as I have a day off, my walk was a little later around 9.  I'd love to say I've been out in the garden enjoying the sunshine but I've been at work, house working or card making.
Lots to do and not enough time in the day at the moment.
It always seems to get frantic as the kids wind up to the end of year, I don't know why?
Good news from my wee man going to Secondary school yesterday and again today, he seems to like it.  His feedback after yesterday was very positive, long may it remain the same way.  It certainly is a weight off my mind if he is going to enjoy it.
At least he has his older brother in 6th form for a year to keep an eye out for him and give him chance to find his feet, but to be there if needed.

Back to today and another card.  I was asked by one of my lovely work colleagues to make a card for a gentleman who is celebrating his 65th birthday by retiring, leaving the RAF behind and intending on spending more time golfing.


Inside it mentions enjoying his retirement on the golf course.  The tornado stamp is by Hobby art and it is one I have used a few times being near a RAF base, although that aircraft is no longer about.  The circles were created using my Cottage cutz circle stitched dies, a wee button for my golf ball and snippets of card and felt.

Time for me to crack on with other things, lots to do.
Enjoy the rest of your Thursday, I hope you are enjoying the sunshine where you are too.

I'd like to enter this into Pixie's Crafty workshop snippets challenge for this week, you can find her over here.

5 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is fab, love the way you got in both themes

karenlotty said...

This is the perfect card for the "brief"

Di said...

Hi Erika! how lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground again - and what a perfect retirement card you made too. I had to change your link, it was taking me to an old post. Not to worry, it was easily changed!

Have a lovely weekend - psst, I do love the wee bunny you made that I spotted when looking for this snippets post :) Too cute!

Hugs

Di xx

Lau W said...

Excellent work, superb !
xxx

Cara said...

Glad your son thinks secondary school is going to be ok. Love this card, great way to bring the two activities together. Cara x