Thursday, June 30, 2016

Fluttering by to join the gang at "Less is More" with a little stencil fun.

Good afternoon and how are you today?
Sunshine and showers here in the north of Scotland, it was beautiful first thing so I put a dress on, now it looks like it is going to bucket down.  A typical Scottish summers day, mack and sandals!

Today was my youngest lads last day at Primary school and we are just back from them all dooking in the sea, in uniform.  It is standard procedure for the leaving year of the school to attach their school tie to the lamp post outside the building and then head to the harbour to jump in the sea.  Brrrr!
He certainly seems to have had a super day.

Last night I got to have a wee play after finishing the last of my card orders so I decided to join the lovely gang over at the Less is More challenge blog.
This week's challenge is to use a stencil but to keep plenty of white space.


I have used a butterfly stencil by Heidi Swapp together with distress inks Twisted citron, Peacock feathers and Salty ocean.  I then stamped over the butterflies, with the stencil still in place using SU white ink and a script stamp from Stampers Anonymous Attic treasures.  I have added a bit of bling for the butterfly bodies and a few sequins to finish.  The sentiment is by Hero arts "Cheer up".
I did toy with using my  scalpel blade to lift the wings but as the challenge is LIS I have stepped away from the card!

That's all from me today, I'm out for another treatment tonight and then getting my nails done tomorrow.  I don't know what is happening to me, I seem to be going all girlie!

Enjoy your evening and more craftiness tomorrow.

9 comments:

Esther said...

What a beautiful card. Stamping over the butterflies was a great idea and looks fantastic. Thanks for a fab LIM entry - and enjoy your treatment and nails!

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Erika, love it
You have made me cold thinking of that dook in the sea!!!
Patricia X

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, lovely card lovely colourful butterflies and a fabulous design, Kate x

Lou said...

Oh this is sooo pretty! Love the inky blending. Not sure I've heard the term 'dooking' before but I've let my imagination take hold...! Lou x

Fiona said...

wow this is lovely Erika....just mykind of colours too.

Fi
x

Neets B said...

You've achieved a gorgeous colour blend here, perfect for your butterflies.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic use of your stencils. An adorable colour combo, superb technique and super clean and CAS design. Love it. Thanks so much for playing along and sharing at Less is More this week. Sarah

Cara said...

A beautiful card, love the colours of the butterflies and the overstamping was a genius touch. Trying to catch up on reading and commenting on all the great blogs out there. Will be back for your funnies midweek!? Cara x

Chrissie said...

Better late than never!
Sorry for the late visit!
This is gorgeous Erika, I love those blended colours!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"