Friday, August 17, 2012

Let it snow, just not yet!

Back again and today I've got an 8" card for you with the theme "Snowflakes!"


For the card I have used Spellbinder Grand Nestabilities Scalloped square, the card is all from the Papeterie too.  For the snowflake background I have embossed the snowflakes from Shapeabilities Create a flake 3, go straight to embossing with your pink and tan mat and make sure the card isn't too thick or you'll get creasing.  For the large snowflake I have used 2 Snowflake Pendant 2011 dies and 1 2010 Snowflake pendant and cut out in the centre with Spellbinder Nestabilities Classic circle.  I have layered them together and have removed the little bits in between the snowflake arms off.  Here's a closer look....


The sentiment stamp in the centre of the Snowflake is from Kirsty Wiseman Worded baubles and embossed in Silver.  Then I have added a few bits of bling along the snowflake arms. 
"Snow is falling" is from KW Many Greetings and is inked onto a Shapeabilities Fancy tags 3 but I've then cut the fancy bits off and added some bling.

Oh I like to be different and what I wanted to show with this card is that you can also adapt the dies to what you want and not just work your card around the dies...if this means a bit of snipping or layering so be it.....it's all about having fun and being creative!
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I'm away to the theatre tonight with one of my pals and am really looking forwards to a night out of fun but I'll be back again tomorrow to show you what we made in my class last Saturday. 
Have a super weekend.  x


3 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card erika and for someone with a snowflake fetish...oooh this is right up my street...hugs kath xxx

Lau W said...

Oh you're so creative, love how you're playing with dies, fantastic !
xxx
Have a nice week-end !

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

My kinda card!! LOVE IT!!

Ali x