Sunday, August 12, 2012

Baubles are us!

Well, after a busy Saturday I have had a lazy morning finishing the last of my book trilogy today, no, not 50 Shades of Grey but The Hunger Games, what fabulous books, I couldn't put them down and now can't wait till the DVD is released in September.  To my friends who recommended the books thank you and yes you were correct, gripping all the way through.  I now need to hide my Kindle so I can crack on with the mounting list of jobs.

Back to Saturday and I'd like to thank all the lovely ladies who came to The Papeterie in Aberdeen yesterday for my demonstration and class.  We had a busy day crafting and on such a warm summer day I appreciate your support. 
I got home to be handed my evening meal and a cup of tea! 
And the reason for this?
My kids wanted to go "dooking" at the harbour so I spent the evening in the fresh air watching them having fun and the sun going down, a lovely end to the day.

The first of the cards I want to show you is using last years 2011 Heirloom ornament and my twist on a box card.


I wanted the main front of the card to be 6" square so rather than take an A3 sheet of white card I have used 2 A4 sheets and put them together.  Each square is 6 x 6 1/2 inches, on the longer side I have scored at the 6" point leaving a 1/2" spine on each.  Before attaching them together I have scored 1" from each of the 6" external points of the card which will be the front, to start to create the box shape.  I have then continued scoring a smaller box inside 1/2" in from the 1" point.  Once complete I have cut from the larger (1") box across on the diagonal with my scalpel from top left to right bottom and then again top right to bottom left.  These create the box shape after folding and are held in place with a 4" square of matching card inside and out......the box card is finally created once you attach both spines together with red tape.
You can see this better from the side view....


I have then created a frame with the MME 12 days of Christmas double sided card and a background for the bauble.  The bauble consists of 6 dies, 1 flat which is the base and all the others folded in half and secured down the centre fold to the next.  To finish I have added a red elastic bow and 3d foamed to the card.  The sentiment is added using Fancy tags and sentiment stamp from Kirsty Wiseman Many Greetings.
I hope that all makes sense?

That's all from me today, I'll be back tomorrow with another card, enjoy the rest of your Sunday.  x

2 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Oh Erika
This is so special...I have never seen this type of card before.

If you have a moment let me know how you mail it or present it to the recipient.

Also, where do you sign it...on the back?

Thanks
Maureen

Shazza said...

this is great Erika, love it x