Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Making and baking!

Good morning, I hope you are well today?
I am working today and tomorrow so I've been organised writing this yesterday.

I'm starting with a question today.
Is it just me or do sometimes you think, "mmmm I just fancy a ............"
This happened to me on Sunday, I really just fancied a scone.  Now I used to make scones a lot but just lately it is usually my kids asking for cheese scones.  Sunday I had a hankering for a fruit scone and having had my husbands friend come over asking if I'd baked and then my eldest boy asking "Mum are you baking today?"
I thought I better get my apron on.


I do like butter on a scone but as hubby is from Devon I do occasionally push the boat out and have homemade raspberry jam and cream.
There's no wonder I don't lose weight.
Why can't cakes, scones and biscuits be diet food, I'd be so skinny!
Seriously I really must get back on track before the summer months I just don't seem to have the enthusiasm to be good at this time of year.
Do you find that too?

Back to card making and one of my recent card orders for a friend was for a new home card.  This wasn't a normal new home card because the recipients have just moved into an old Station house, I was asked to include this within the theme.
This is what I came up with.


The wee hoose is a stamp by Hero arts and I've paper pieced it with scraps of paper.  The railway line is some American clip art I've had for a long time which I have decoupaged to make it 3D.   The printing has been done on the computer then I have layered it on coordinating card stock.   The card is A5, I haven't made many this size for a while as most people normal ask for square cards now.
Do you have a favourite size of card you like to work with?

That's all from me today, I am hoping to get a couple more cards made this evening then I might settle down with some more crocheting.  Enjoy your Tuesday, more from me tomorrow.

6 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Well Erika I was doing just fine with my healthy eating this morning until this gorgeous post came along - those scones look so yummy that I had to go and have a look in the cupboard for something sweet to eat as I didn't have any scones. My resolve is very feeble at this time of year too so you're not alone.
Fabulously themed card too, the railway line oval is a perfect frame for your little station house stamp and I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled with this one.
My favourite card shape is a square, everything seems to fit better and the proportions look better I think but my customers like A5 and then only in portrait not landscape so I still make quite a lot of these too.
Hope you day goes well.
Lorraine

Barb said...

First of all Erika your scones look so delicious. It's something hubby and I both enjoy. He likes them without anything. I'd go for the jam and cream. I''ve been trying to be good as we're going to a wedding inAugust so that's the target. However this cold weather plus dull days does make it difficult for me and I keep slipping into bad habits!

Your card is absolutely fantastic. Just perfect for requirements and I love the paper piecing. You really should link this to The Snippets Playground. It would be perfect. Barbxx

cuilliesocks said...

Ah scones..... a thing of the past now for me, they look scrumptious, bet they are too.
Your card just fits the bill perfectly, great design.
Happy eating, Kate x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Erika, perfect for someone moving into a old station house - such a great idea.
Your scones look really yummy, you've made me feel hungry!
Pauline
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
oooooooooooooooooo! I am so feeling like a scone now.
No cream for me as I don't like it, but the homemade jam is right up my street.
Don't like butter either arn't I fussy as my DH calls me.
Now not liking butter or cream should make me slim, but no way as I like my sweet stuff too much.
I am on a diet at the mo, but all this cold weather makes you want to eat more.

Super card, and wonderful stamped design too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Hazel said...

Love your card, you have done a great design. Oh your scones look good, I often make a batch and put them in the freezer, and then just take a couple out at a time. Hazel X