Monday, January 11, 2016

A little bespoke chef.

Good afternoon, how are you this Monday?
A late post for me today as I have finally given in and done a big food shop.  My last one was before Christmas and I have been eeking my cupboards out since.
Don't get me wrong as I have been to the shops in the meantime but I don't count topping up in the same way as a BIG shop.
It's not my favourite job but needs must.  My cupboards are now full and healthy looking.
I wonder when the boys will notice?

My eldest boy is on study leave just now as he has his higher prelims.  Today he started with an easy one "maths".  I joke!  I am afraid he has lost me when he now shares his maths homework.  It was never one of my stronger classes, personally I think he is speaking a foreign language!
Has he done enough revision?
The proof will be in the pudding!
As he was only in school for his exams I popped to pick him up this afternoon after my youngest had come home for lunch.  I had a few other bits to pick up in town so it seemed like a good idea.
Every wonder where the day goes?  I've only managed some washing and dog walking on top of my running about and now it's time to make tea.
Whilst I am in the kitchen I thought I'd share my first bespoke card of the year.
I was asked for a CAS card for a chef who has turned 21, here is what I made.


I used some scraps of card to make up the apron, chef's hat, knife and wooden spoon, matting and layering on similar colours.

Do you think I am keen for Spring to arrive?
I think I must have been in an optimistic mood when I made this card as it has been another cold dreich day here on the North coast of Scotland.  
Still looking on the bright side our home is warm and dry, after the recent weather situation up here and down in England that is definitely something to be very grateful for.  Some poor folk have lost everything.  What a nightmare.

That is all from me today, I do plan on visiting you a little earlier tomorrow.  Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Anyone else excited to have Silent Witness back on TV?

Happy crafting to you all.

3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, this is a lovely card and I'm sure it will be loved by the Birthday Girl.
I'm glad there are only two of us as I hate food shopping, such a wast of time in my opinion as it only gets eaten and then you have to do it all again, Kate x

cotnob said...

A perfect card for a chef Erika, fabulous CAS design and lovely spring colours - we can dream can't we, hopefully it will be here soon!
Pauline
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Love the design of this one Erika, clean and simple but very topical for the recipient. Where does the little chefs hat come from?
Lorraine