Friday, January 15, 2016

It's Friday time to share an oldie.

Whoops bit of a late start for me today.  I have a little one still of sick although he is a lot better than he was.  Don't you just love the germ factor at this time of year?
We also had snow when I got up this morning although now it is raining it has disappeared for which I am grateful.  I have an early start at work tomorrow and am praying that it stays snow free and a little warmer, even if that is not the forecast.

I missed a post yesterday as I had fun and games here.  My carbon monoxide alarm went off during the night.  Scary!
We don't have gas mains in our village so the only thing that could have caused the problem is the fire.  I woke up the kids and took them downstairs, hoping the gasses would tend to go high and ventilated the house.  Of course it was the coldest night we've had for a long while!
Did you know that you have to ring the fire brigade if your carbon monoxide alarm goes off?
I didn't.  I had left it till the morning, leaving the windows open during the night.
All fun and games in the morning with two fire engines and a gas engineer visiting.  What a nice start to the day and everything was found to be fine.  Both the engineer and the firemen thought it was probably a fault with my alarm.
I did think however that as the chimney goes up the side of my youngest boys room that maybe there could be something in it, he is always complaining of not feeling great.  It would make sense.  Mind you my mum gut tells me he just has an allergy to school!
With all the "goings on" yesterday morning for the rest of my day I was playing catch up.
On a good note we're all alive.
Hubby is home later today with jobs a foot over the weekend, first one to install new carbon monoxide alarms.

Back to today and it's Friday, you know what that means by now, share an oldie (any craft product you have made yourself previously posted or not posted at all), link back to me so I can visit and share the love of crafting.  Easy.  I really appreciate all who join me and look forwards to popping to your blogs later.
Today I have picked another card for you.


Nathan is from the Sugar Nellie digital range. 
I just had to use him, not only does he look like my eldest boy at an early age but he also has the same name, spooky!!

I love colouring these digi images as life is made very easy following the shading on the design,
I have used my copics to colour but have added some detail with my prisma pencils too.
The papers are from Basic Grey 6" Basic craft paper pad, distressed with my Tim Holtz distress tool and Tea dye ink. 
I have also used my Martha Stewart punch Scalloped dots, thread from True hemp, SU small tag punch and matching stamps, pearls from Zva Creative and charm from my stash.

I made this card in 2011, yet kraft card still seems to be very popular.  I do love simple sepia tones.

That's all from me today, lots to do after the fun and games yesterday and working tomorrow.
I better start by walking the dog, now the heavy rain has stopped. 
My cunning plan of waiting a wee while has paid off, that isn't normally the case.
Enjoy your weekend, stay warm and cosy.
It sounds like the perfect weather to stay in and craft!  Don't you agree?

10 comments:

Jo said...

Oh Erika, thank goodness you had an alarm! I can imagine how scary it was for you all. Love your card, a beautiful image & I do love the distressed layers.
We have beautiful blue skies & sunshine today but I'm not fooled.....those rain clouds are sure to be hiding somewhere! Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Jo x

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
oooooooooooooo! scary stuff that faulty alarm, but better safe than sorry I'm sure.
My you all must have been freezing.
Love your super card today.
That image is just so very lovely, and your colouring of it is superb.
Hope the snow keeps off for you.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Ooh that alarm must have been scary. Gorgeous card, love the coloirs

Lau W said...

Oufff you're all alive !! piouh !

This card is just adorable, i love this image, and on sepia, it's so cute !
xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

So glad that you are all ok and that it was just a faulty alarm. Better that than no alarm at all, they are life savers. Your quick thinking and safety measures of opening the windows was the best thing to do. I didn't know that you were supposed to ring the Fire Brigade either and I'm sure I'm not the only one so thanks for the info.
Now on to this wonderful card of yours, I'm loving the warm, earthy tones and your colouring of this sweet image is gorgeous too. Such a lovely stamp and your distressed layers are the perfect backdrop. I have joined in today, albeit a little late in the day, just can't get myself going at the moment. I've been sitting in my room, order book open at a very full page, ...and nothing. Mr Mojo has left the building, so I've pottered about and achieved absolutely nothing :/ Maybe tomorrow...
Take care, hope the weather isn't too bad over the weekend.
Lorraine

Barb said...

Hi Erika, I'm so sorry to hear about last night's trauma. It must have been terrifying for you all. So glad it was just a faulty alarm. I didn't know that you had to phone the Fire Brigade in this situation. Thanks for informing us all.

Your card is so beautiful. What a lovely stamp and your colouring is just perfect. I really like all the distressed layers and the embellishments too. A really lovely card.

I hope you have a happy and less eventful weekend. Barbxx

Cara said...

Blimey, glad you are all safe, thanks for the info about phoning the fire brigade. Lovely card as usual, I've joined you in posting an oldie. Hope the weather is ok tomorrow for you.

cuilliesocks said...

Gosh Erika, that must have been scary for you, glad to hear that it was a faulty alarm. However interesting regarding your little one not feeling weel so much, it's worth checking that one out.
Lovely card, sweet little image and beautiful colours, Kate x

karenlotty said...

What a lovely oldie. Thank goodness you're all safe and sound. I'll be posting my oldie tomorrow

cotnob said...

A gorgeous oldie Erika, such an adorable image and lovely sepia colours.
Pauline
x