Monday, January 18, 2016

A wee Scottish altering, crafty style of course.

Good afternoon and how are you this crisp and cold Monday?  Winter is definitely here, it is cold and frosty but I do enjoy these days more than wet and windy.  The sky is blue and as long as you wrap up warm, the cold just gives you that early morning boost to wake up the system.
Did you have a good weekend?
I had a very busy day at work on Saturday but then a very relaxing, lazy day yesterday.
My youngest boy is back to school and my oldest has is second from last prelim exam right now.  By this time tomorrow he'll be done and dusted till the big higher exams in the summer.

Today I have a little recycling for you.  The following altered tin is from M & S and I have mountains of them empty at home (what can I say I like the M & S mint tins).
I've been wondering for quite sometime what to do with them.
You know us crafters don't like to throw anything out if we think we can use it in one form or another.
Remember the crochet thistles?
You know the one, my new smaller thistle from earlier last week here, well, that wee beauty fits perfectly in these tins.
Sticking with the Scottish theme the tin had to be altered using some tartan paper.



The tartan paper is by Craftwork cards and the stamp by Unity stamps, which is white embossed and die cut with Spellbinder die labels 4 with some white ink added to give a chalky feel.  I then threaded the back ribbon behind the label and around the back tying to the side to finish.
The thistle was then wrapped in tissue paper inside to finish.

Something a little different from me today!
A change is good as a rest.
That's all from me till tomorrow, I am building up quite a list of card requests here so I better get my mojo in full flow and get into card making mode.

5 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a beautifully packaged gift Erika. Your thistles are fab and now with a bespoke tin to gift them in they look even more professional. I know what you mean about hoarding potential crafting items to be altered, I have trained all my family to ask first before throwing away any packaging, boxes tins, or pretty papers, lol. I also have a friend who saves all her ribbon snippets for me out of her clothing - you know the hangy ribbon loops - these are just the right length to tie a single bow!
Lorraine

Barb said...

What a great idea for the little tins. It looks lovely the way you have decorated it and will be a lovely present with your little thistle pins inside.

I'm glad to hear that your youngest son is now better and back at school and hope your oldest did well in his exams. Barbxx

Lau W said...

Oh this is wonderful, fab idea !
(Yes my week-end was nice, not scrap but...Ikea wouhouuu !).
Big hugs !
xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
what a wonderful bit of recycling.
Yep your right us crafty peeps hate to throw anything away.
My Dad used to say just in case, and that Justin gets in everywhere. LOL.
Love the Tarten theme too.
So glad all okay with your Son, and good luck for your other Son's exams.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful make Erika, love how you've transformed your tin, Kate x