Thursday, January 28, 2016

Another hooking taste if Scotland.

Good afternoon I hope you are all fit and well today?
We've had a lovely day today, the sun has been shining!
My parents and I went out for breakfast this morning after sorting the boys to school.  We had gone to Glen Moray Distillery but unfortunately they were closed due to a power problem so we went to Allarburn Dairy farm shop and had a "right grand" hearty breakfast.
I seem to have spent all week with that full of food feeling, I am not complaining especially with so many people not so lucky, but why do we always eat so much more when we have visitors?  I'm still stuffed now.

Back to some crafting and I have another couple of thistles winging their way as gifts, this time I made white boxes to pack them in.  I do prefer these smaller thistles to my original ones.


I have been enjoying some quiet time pottering with my parents and out walking, even though I have eaten far too much.
The week has flown, Friday again tomorrow, time to share our oldies, it comes around all too fast and then back into work early on Saturday.  That will be a shock to the system!

Catch you again tomorrow.


6 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I'm glad the weather has been kind to you and your visitors so that some 'outings' could be enjoyed while they were with you. A week goes all too fast so being able to spend some happy times together makes all the difference.
Lovely thistles Erika, I think you should patent this particular style, colour and gift as your own, they certainly are gorgeous.
Lorraine

Cara said...

Your thistles are absolutely beautiful. They might even inspire me to learn to crochet. I had to give up knitting due to my dodgy neck, but a crochet needle would be a lot easier to handle. Glad you are having a lovely time with your family, as I get older I realise how much more important time spent with them is. See you tomorrow for oldie Friday - I might be continuing the wedding theme! Cara x

Barb said...

I'm also glad you've had good weather and been able to enjoy time out with your parents. How lucky you are to still have them with you too Erika. Glad you enjoyed your breakfast together. Your thistles are absolutely wonderful. Barbxx

scrappymo! said...

Very pretty! I knew they were thistles even before I started to read your post!
Lovely!

cuilliesocks said...

Love your thistles Erika and they will make fabulous gifts.
Pleased to hear that your having a good time and getting out and about with your family, Kate x

Lau W said...

Oh so nice ! love these creations Erika !
Have a fabulous week-end !
Wind here today pff and grey pfff
lol