Sunday, April 05, 2015

Happy Easter all!

Good morning to you all and a HAPPY EASTER!
It's a beautiful sunny morning here in the north of Scotland, not a cloud in the sky.
The Easter bunny has been and the kids are munching their way through an egg as we speak.  I was boring and made them get dressed and have breakfast first!

Today I have my BF and family over for Sunday lunch and a few Easter treats then I'm hoping for a nice walk later if this weather holds up.  The beef is cooking as we speak, smothered in treacle (I prefer it to lamb).  I now just to get myself organised and in the zone.

I did plan on a little baking this Easter, I have still to make my Easter muffins but with the amount of chocolate in this house I think tomorrow will be a better bet for them.  I did however do the statutory Easter basket crispy cakes.


A nice simple job to do with the kids unless their gannets and keep pinching the mixture and the eggs!
Needless to say these didn't last five minutes.

Remember I said I lost my new crochet book, then I found it?
Well, as I wasn't working yesterday I enjoyed a wee trip to the local wool shop where I bought enough wool for at least three projects.
I started this one last night....


Can you tell what it is yet?!
I will keep you updated.  I finished this bit last night and started another bit.  The plot thickens!

It only remains for me to wish you all the very best this Easter, have fun, enjoy time with the family or friends and don't eat too much chocolate!  Lol.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Easter to you too Erika. Gorgeous sunny day here as well. We're having roast beef followed by trifle once our visitors arrive. Carol x

Patricia said...

HAPPY EASTER to you and yours.
Stunning day here as well. Been busy in the garden, even managed a burnt nose......!!!
is your project and "animal" ???
Hugs
Patricia xxx

Hazel said...

Erika, I hope you all had a lovely Easter Sunday? Those crispy cakes look good, funny how you some times forget the simple things like these.

No idea as to what you are making look forward to seeing it.
Hazel x