Monday, December 30, 2013

Can it get much CAS than this? Scandinavian style.

Morning all....it's nearly time for a New year to start.....what are your plans?
Do you make resolutions?
How long is it before you break them?  LOL.
My first New Years resolution should be to tidy this craft room and have a clear out.  The state it is at the moment really doesn't encourage the creative juices to flow.  Before I start it though I have a date baking with my eldest and a whole heap of ironing to tackle.

Thanks for all your well wishes and lovely comments after my last post.  I really appreciate it.  Both my youngest and I are fine now. 
I was away for blood tests this morning just to make sure my symptoms are nothing serious and now have to play the waiting game, but I am feeling much better. 
I'm not at work now till Friday and Saturday so I'm planning to catch up on jobs and friends, oh and it would be lovely to have a wee craft. 
We got a few new board games for Christmas too so planning on having some fun with the kids also.

The card today is very simple and the stamps are all by Waltzing Mouse.  I love the Scandinavian style which has been as popular this year as it was last.


I was thinking woolly jumpers whilst making this quick card before Christmas.  I think I could have blinged it up a bit more with clear crystals rather than a red one, hindsight is a wonderful thing!
In my defence it was flat to post and quick to make which was just perfect when so busy with work before Christmas.

How is the weather with you?
It's grey and dreich here in the North of Scotland but after the recent bad weather I believe the south have had the worst of it.  My thoughts are with you if you were affected and I hope you are able to get back to normal as soon as possible.  For some though it may be a long time. 

Right I better go and get my baking head on, enjoy the rest of your day.  x

7 comments:

Hazel said...

Great to hear your are both ok again, and we will keep our fingers crossed that your bloods are ok too. Likely you have just over done it - working all those extra hours and still doing your normal work as a mum and wife.
Love your card and look forward to see lots of different makes in 2014 have a good new year and take it easy.
Hazel xx

Lau W said...

This is a lovely card, love this style !
my good resolution would be to make my greeting cards earlier in the year, I have a monstrous delay ouchhhh !!
I wish you the best for 2014, and especially good health !
xxx

Shazza said...

glad to hear you are on the mend. Happy bakin. Love the card. happy New Year when it comes x

marion said...

Love it, your CAS style is fabulous, hugs, Marion

cuilliesocks said...

Hi there Erika, pleased to hear you are feeling much better, but don't overdo things.
Love your card, it's a lovely design and I really am loving this CAS style that a lot of folk are doing.

Just want to wish you and yours a wonderful New Year filled with all good things, hugs Kate x

Patricia said...

Glad you and the wee lad are felling better. Hope the bloods come back clear, you have probably been overdoing it.
Brilliant card, love the simplicity of it. Yes! My thoughts exactly, I would like a sweater with that pattern.
Have a great New Year when it comes
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Kat said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a lot better Erika. I'm sure a few days off is just what you need.

Funny I was thinking woolly jumpers too when I saw your lovely card!

I don't think the rain has stopped here today but at least it's better than snow!

Happy New year when it comes and looking forward to a crafty 2014.

Kat xx