Thursday, January 02, 2014

Happy New Year everyone........and my favourites from 2013!

Happy New Year all!

Good afternoon everyone and nearly back to normal.  Work again tomorrow and Saturday and kids back to school next week.  Sad but true.....I'm looking forwards to getting the house back to normal and giving it a good clean and tidy.  (Must be feeling ill!)
Did you have a good festive season and New Year?
My youngest started to flag at 10 p.m. on New Years Eve so I took him home early and rang in 2014 in front of the TV whilst my older boy and husband stayed out.  Then my older boy wasn't well New Years day!  Oh the joys!
I feel as it this festive season has been spent totally relaxing and doing very little.  Mind you I have worn my nurses hat a little to often for my liking.  I'm so glad we didn't have any concrete plans or visitors.
Anyway back to today's post and I thought I'd share my favourite work from throughout 2013. 
Lets start at the beginning with January.....


This is my version of Tim's January tag in 2013.  I started the year with good intentions of following his 12 tags of 2013 and actually got to about April! 
Sometimes real life just gets in the way of crafty fun and I'm very much the type of person who prefers to play after getting on top of things....maybe that should change this year?!

In February my choice is a card that I made for The Sugar Bowl challenge, you can see my post here for more details. 
And the card.....


In March I had promised a pal I would make her a felt poppy after she had admired the one I was wearing on my coat.  So guess what?
The poppy is my choice from my March projects.


On to April and at this time I was involved with a crafty retreat at The Papeterie in Aberdeen.  My favourite from this month is one of the cards that we made in one of my classes, all details are here.
And the card......


I love this colour combo and the Hero art stamped sentiment. 

On to May and we are fluttering through the year with this card, my all time favourite colour!


Details can be found here.  I love the 3D aspect of this card.  You can't been MME 6" paper pads for card making. 

On to June and we're already half way through the year.....doesn't time fly when you're having fun?!
For this month I have chosen a canvas project which had in fact come about from a card which I had wanted to keep (Having made earlier).  The stamped image is by Molly Blooms and as we live by the sea close to beach huts I could not resist this piece of rubber!


More details on this post are here.

So that is my first 6 months of the year complete and totally different projects in my selection.
I hope you have enjoyed the first part of my journey through 2013.....I shall be back tomorrow with the latter half of the year.

Have a good day all.  x

4 comments:

Patricia said...

Brilliant 6 months of wonderful projects. Looking forward to the next 6. I will probably recognise some of them right away. Hazel guided me to your blog while we were on holiday in the sun in June 2013 (seems like a dream) I am so glad she did, been a great pleasure.
Hope 2014 brings you and yours all the things you wish for.
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Kat said...

Loving your favourites Erika. That canvas with those lovely bright beach huts is gorgeous. I think that's my favourite. Or maybe the Poppy brooch, I love Poppies!!,

Happy New Year

Kat xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, what a lovely choice of projects, all are so inspiring. I particularly love your poppy.
Looking forward to seeing what you make this year, hugs Kate X

Lau W said...

Super choice, all is so beautiful !
Happy New Year my friend !
xxx