Tuesday, January 21, 2014

How I caught the spellbinding bug.

Afternoon all, confession time.....ooo sounds ominous!

Still busy just now tidying the craft room and tatting in the kitchen amongst other daily duties so today I thought I'd share one of the cards that got me started on the Spellbinder die front. 
Before demonstrating for Personal Impressions I had very few of the thin dies to my name choosing to purchase Sizzix thicker dies which I also have used to cut other materials like felt and metal.  Little did I know that introducing me to Spellbinders would lead to such an obsession!

I was used to creating very simple cards....how things go around in circles as I am enjoying this style again just now...I therefore had "such fun" in layering up this style of card. 
Never one to shy from a challenge I set to work and here is my version of a Wedding card originally designed by Becca. 
At this point I would like to thank Stacey and the team at Spellbinders for the inspiration in making this card.   I'd also like to give a special mention to Becca who's work for Spellbinders is always fabulous and inspirational, you can find her stunning work here.

 
I have used the same die to create the oval background and a similar colour combination as it is just perfect for a Wedding celebration. 
At the time I wasn't keen on this style of card but I can honestly say...spellbinder dies started something at that point and I have never gone back. 
I now love the product, I really enjoy playing with the dies and trying to use them in many different ways. 
My only wish is that some days I had more time to play!
What's your favourite product just now? 
Did you like it the first time you used it or like me have you grown to love it way more that you thought you would?
 
Moving on and finally today I thought I'd share a couple of beachy photos with you.  I keep mentioning the fine walks I have with my dog so today I thought I'd show you what you are missing.  These were taken yesterday at tea time just as the sun was going down.
 
 

Do you love where you live?
I do.

Time for me now to leave you today, happy crafting.  x 

7 comments:

marion said...

Such a pretty view, so yes I love where you live :), lovely card also, lots of hugs, marion

Hazel said...

Erika how lucky are you to have that beach to walk the dog, I am so jealous!!! We lived at Easthaven just outside Carnoustie for about ten years and the view from my lounge and kitchen windows was the beach and sea oh how I miss it still.
As for your card it's stunning. I am just enjoying using different dies at the moment - very addictive I have to say.
Hazel xx

Diane said...

Wonderful pictures Erika, must be a fun place to take a walk.

The layers are great, the die cuts and design create a pretty card.

Hugs Diane

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word Erika your card is stunning. Wonderful use of your Dies. Spellbinders have a lot to answer for!!! I used to have money before I discovered them.
LOVE your photos what a beautiful situation.
I love where I live although my view is of fields and and hills.
Happy crafting

Patricia xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, stunning card, beautifully designed with those dies, love the colours too, so elegant.

What a wonderful scene, I just love beach walks, lucky you!! hugs Kate x

Lau W said...

So nice shots, and so elegant card my friend !
xxx

Kates said...

Hi Erika - I love this card. I also love the photos which of course are making me homesick for the north east! Kx