Tuesday, December 17, 2013

What birthday card do you send to a man with a "chuck" business?

Morning all, missing in action again just late.  That's me got the next couple of days off after 7 days in work before the final Christmas onslaught from Thursday to Christmas eve.  You know what that means?
Over the next couple of days I want to wrap up Christmas, finish my shopping, wrap the presents, make my Christmas cake (yes, it still needs to be made) and write my Christmas cards!
I also have all the housework, ironing and food shopping and the cherry on the cake......my youngest boys advent tomorrow.  I think I'd be better off at work!  ;)
How are you getting on?
All organised?
Would you believe I am also still looking at making some presents as well!
On the Saturday before Christmas we are wearing Christmas jumpers to work instead of uniform....now I'm afraid that is one thing I do not own.  So yep, you've guessed it, I shall be trying to come up with something on that front too before Saturday....I think that will be an evening job.

Back to today and just for a change I have a bespoke order I made recently for my BF.  The brief.....it must have a chicken on it.
Now this card was for, I believe, the owner of Allarburn Dairy in Elgin.  If you haven't been to their farm shop or café it really is a must.

 
 
I've had the die for the chicken for many years, it is a Quickutz die.  I can't believe it's taken me years to use it.  It might have to come back out for Easter now I've dusted it down.
 
What have you got planned today? 
I'm away now to put my Christmas cake in the oven....#lastminute!
I will get there honest.....best I finish decorating the house too.
Have a super day and I'll be back tomorrow with more.

 
 

7 comments:

Patricia said...

Good morning Erika, wow! I will need to go have a rest just reading what you are to be doing in the next few days!!!!!!!!
Your card is fantastic, the guy will LOVE it.
That wee chicken is brilliant, yes! It will be perfect for Easter.
Can almost "smell" that cake........mmmmmm!!!
Need a cuppa to go with my rest
Have a great day
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Juls said...

This is really fun, hugs Juls

Lau W said...

Oh cuuute ! Lovely card Erika !
xxx

Hazel said...

Love that chicken, your card is brilliant. Now I thought I had a busy day, will you have time to turn? I am no way organised but I am not getting stressed about it at all just working my way through the list - my things are at the end of it so if I run out of time it's only me that will notice.
Take it a little bit easier.
Hazel xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, great card, love the chicken die, he's so cute.

Good luck with the work role, M&S at this time of the year is mental. I've seen a woman pinch a turkey out of someone elses trolly when she wasn't looking, can you image!.

You'll get throught it all though, just take a big deep breath and a gin and tonic or whatever your tipple is, hugs Kate x

marion said...

cute chick you used, love your card, hope you are enjoying the holiday season, hugs, marion

Kat said...

Fabby card Erika.

Sounds like you're having a busy time. Not so bad in the post office today but it's been manic for a couple of weeks. Probably busy frantic again on Monday and guess who's in all day?!!

I made the mistake of writing a list of all the things I need to do. Scary or what?!

Kat xx