Monday, December 09, 2013

Anyone it would think it was Christmas?!

Morning all, how are you all?
How are your Christmas plans coming along?

I have failed miserably on the card front with only makes for immediate family, M & S are providing the rest, slap wrists!
I would usually beat myself up about this but you know what, why bother?
There is enough pressure at this time of year to create the perfect Christmas without worrying about what really isn't that important.  In my defence the new printer I got doesn't do what I want it to do so went back.  I am therefore resigned to hand writing everything until another new one arrives.  I usually print my news on the inside of my cards together with up to date photos...guess that won't be happening. 

How was your weekend?
A busy day for me in M & S Saturday....anyone would think there was a special celebration coming up soon! 
I don't mind being busy at all, the day passes so quickly and before you know it it's time to go home.
Sunday was a lazy day for me as I wasn't feeling the best, guess that's the shock of working more hours!  Part-timers.....just can't take the pace!
I seem to be better today so lots to catch up on, for a start I've still got all my cards to sort and my Christmas cake to make.  Better soak my fruit today so I can make the cake later this week.
I'm in work 5 days this week too so better get cracking with all things at home, whilst I do that I thought I'd leave you with one of the cards I made at the Christmas crop.


A none traditional coloured CAS Christmas card for you.  I love black and cream, such a classic combination.  The tree stamp is by Clarity stamps and the sentiment by Waltzing Mouse, the trees have been stamped in black and then embossed with iridescent powder, you can't see the sparkle with my photography, sorry.  The edging is a EK Success punch called plaid.
I must mention this all the time but I really am enjoying the less is more approach to card making just now, it's flat for posting too, that's got to be good for Christmas, no?!

Anyway I better go and crack the stick, kitchen decorating, ironing, housework etc....today is going to be a fun day!
I hope you have a super week and more from me later tomorrow.  x

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Erika I am with you on the part if you haven't got time to make you buy, time is in short supply and why get stressed over a few cards. Oh poor you having to work 5days when you aren't use to it, as you still have all the other things to do that you normally do.
Love your colour combo on your CAS card.

Hazel xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, your card is beautiful, love the cream and black together and this simple style is wonderful. Love the tree image too.

M&S is so busy just now, I hate to go in, but sometimes needs must, but for yourself, the mor busy you are the faster the day goes. Good luck with all your chores today, hugs Kate x

Lau W said...

Oh classic, elegant, love love this sweet card Erika !
xxx
Have a fun day ! ;-)

marion said...

Love your style it is lovely, have a lovely day sweettie, hugs, marion

Patricia said...

A classically elegant card, I like the CAS look.
I am with you, if you don't have time why stress yourself. Life is too short and it is only one day!!!!
Cake done, I make a square one. To tell you the truth it ends up being sliced, each slice wrapped separately and popped in the freezer. I take a slice out now and again, it usually lasts till about Easter.
I live so far away for an M&S so I really never visit.
Enjoy the rest of the day

Patricia xxx

Shazza said...

absolutely love this card Erika, gorgeousness galore xxx