Thursday, June 04, 2015

Make a wish......distressing style.

Good afternoon all, a later post from me today.  I've been getting my jobs sorted first for a change.
Most unusual.

To start today I am afraid I have an announcement for any of those of you who are local and were planning a visit to Hopeman this weekend.  The Harbour day due to take place this Saturday afternoon (6th June) has unfortunately been cancelled.  The good weather we were promised has changed and now we are expecting high winds, making it very difficult for the visiting boats to get into the harbour.
It is hoped that this event is just postponed and shall be held later in the year, in the anticipation that we WILL get summer, probably around September time.
All the work the guys have put into organising this event, they're gutted to be cancelling it.
The weather is one thing out of their control and safety on the day has to be the most important factor.

This morning the dog and I managed a walk along the beach in between showers, yes!
Gosh it is so like April just now, lots of rain showers and chilly at times, are we going to get some sunshine?
I then had to make the dreaded trip into town to fill the food cupboards.  I wouldn't say they were bare but making tea tonight would have been interesting!
I've had my son home for lunch and hubby home to ring around regarding the weekend.
He's now gone for a fish to calm down!  Hopefully he might get some fresh cod.

Now lets get on to some crafting, today's card is another one that I made for The Great Scheme of things, with the colour combination of  Pebble beach, sea blues, sand and stone shades.   It is not this weeks combination, I'm a bit late in posting it here, to be honest I don't know where the time goes!


And a close up!


For this card I decided to get a little inky for a change. I started with a 5" piece of card and embossed the dandelion from Marion Emberson "Make a wish" with Silver dollar powder by PI. I then inked around the image with Distress ink Evergreen bough, then Peacock feathers. The edges have then been distressed and inked with Distress ink Frayed Burlap. I then sprayed with water and allowed to dry creating a pebble-dashed image. The sentiment was inked using Frayed burlap again and is from the same stamp set by Marion. I then created a mask so I could add Distress ink Frayed burlap over the dandelion and no where else. Finally I matte and layered on corresponding card, distressing each layer except the white, then I added a string bow. 

Why not pop over and check out this weeks colour combination too?

That is all from me today.  I have a busy night ahead, one boy at bagpipe practise and another at the school disco.  I have been told, tonight mum tea must be early!
They know me so well.  I get easily distracted.
Then I wonder why my youngest is like that.  Just like his mum.
Enjoy the rest of your Thursday and don't forget I'd love it if you joined me tomorrow sharing an oldie.  Happy crafting.  x 

6 comments:

Carol said...

Love your inky make Erika, it looks fabulous. Sadly the weather is the one thing we can't guarantee when planning summer events, hopefully the event will go ahead later in the year. See you tomorrow. Carol x

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Erika, such beautiful colours and fabulous design.
Such a shame the Harbour day had to be cancelled, I do hope it will be rescheduled.
Pauline
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super stamped image and card Erika, love the embossing, you can really see it on the second photo.
I will be joining you tomorrow too.
Lorraine

Hazel said...

Erika. After all the hard work that's gone into the Hopman day! But if the boats can't get in their is no point. Love your card those colours together are gorgeous. Hazel x

Lau W said...

This is a so wonderful card Erika, wow, love it !!!
Have a nice week-end !
xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, what a pity about the Harbour Day especially when there is always loads of work put into these occasions.
Your cards is lovely, I love your colours and the gorgeous floral image, hugs Kate x