Friday, June 05, 2015

It's FFFFriday and time to share an oldie, distressing seems to be the key this week.

It's that time of the week again.  It's Friday and time to share an old crafting project just for fun.
Feel free to join me, all I ask is that if you do, please comment below, that way I know you are joining me.  I can then pop along to your blog and see your crafty share too, I will comment on all over the weekend.

Today and tomorrow I am at work, this weekend's special is from the Chinese selection.
The whole family are fans of the Chinese department at work so no doubt we will be participating, well it would be rude not to!  Don't you agree?

Today's oldie, in keeping with the rest of this weeks postings, is a little inky number.


I have used stamp sets by Marion Emberson at PI On your special day, It's all in the words and Build a tree.  The Spellbinder Nestabilities die is called Postage stamps.  The inks I have used are Distress inks Festive berries, Mustard seed, Ripe persimmon, Spiced marmalade, Vintage photo, Crushed olive and Peeled paint.  The seam binding is also coloured with the ink.
For the sun I used a round Spellbinder die to create a mask before getting all inky.  

A very inky week this week, don't you agree?
That's all from me this Friday, I hope you all have a good one and a super weekend whatever you have planned.  More from me tomorrow.  x

8 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love these inky scenes, lots of which have been blogged by various people recently. Distress inks are great for this I think, especially beautiful sunset scenes like yours. A fabulous range of stamps, love those swirls and the postage stamp sentiment sets it off beautifully.
I'm sharing an oldie too today.
Hope work goes well.
Lorraine

Carol said...

A beautiful little inky number it is too Erika, the colours are gorgeous. We shopped at M&S for tea after getting bi-focalled up, we went fishy though! Carol x

karenlotty said...

I love your oldie today. I am just about to schedule my post for tomorrow as I'm going to be without laptop for a few days. I will continue to have iPod and will try and look in but may not be able to leave a comment. I'm going to go back and enjoy the rest of the posts you have done. At first glance they all look amazing. I am loving the distressed theme

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Erika, fabulous card, the colours are fantastic and the image is lovely, great oldie.
Played this week too, hugs Kate x

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Erika, love the colours, scene and your fantastic design.
Sorry I missed participating, I am really down since returning from my Holiday.
I find it difficult being away from my "little corner of paradise"
Since we got back I have absolutely NO inclination to do any crafting, or sitting at the computer.
Will give myself a good shake for next week.
Hugs. Patricia xxx

Jo said...

Your card is so lovely Erika, I love the colours you chose.....a fab oldie.
hugs Jo x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A very beautiful card, Erika, the black cardstock makes the inky squares pop.

Happy Saturday sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Erika, such a beautiful inked background.
Pauline
x