Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A little hooking, feeling a little catty, meow!

Good afternoon all, whoops another missed post yesterday.  The day just flew by and I never made it to the computer.  In my defence hubby was on nights so had a bit more than normal to do.
Another busy day in work today as we gear up for another dine in, on now.  I'm not working this weekend, it still feels weird especially as I know it will be a busy one.

Yesterday it was a lovely lady's birthday, Elaine.  She makes the most beautiful cards, her water colouring is truly amazing.
When I started crocheting she did say to me, oh would you make me a cat.
Until recently I haven't really had the confidence with my crocheting but decided to go for it.
My first cat.
The photo's are quite dark, in my defence, I know it is supposed to be summer, but up here in the North of Scotland it is just not occurring at all.  This week has been very dreich, cloudy and wet.
Brrr!




I learnt quite a lot making this wee pussy cat and Elaine loved it too, which is the main thing.
I know her craft room is similar shades and I used the owl material for her present last year, keeping it all matching!
I also used my birdie stamps from Stampers Anonymous for the first time to make Elaine's card.


I have used papers by DCWV Linen closet, it matches better in real life than it does in this photograph.  I then water coloured the birdie with Distress ink Peacock feathers and Tea die.
I'm afraid my water colouring is not at Elaine's beautiful standard.
I don't rate my watercolour paper at the moment, mine is textured and not the best for stamping with, I really need to invest in a good quality flat card instead.  I know that old hat, blaming my tools!
But I do think it makes all the difference.

That's all from me today, I really need to go and start the tea.  As for later, I need to start thinking about teachers cards and gifts, plus my bespoke cards to make list, seems to be growing!
Have a super evening, it's hump day, downhill all the way now to the weekend.

8 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Erika, oh I love your adorable cat and you've made her dress with gorgeous material, fabulous card too, love these bird images, your friend will just love them, hugs Kate x

Lau W said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh ! A cat, a lovely cat !!!!! You can be proud of this creation, and your friend is happy, sure !!!!
Fantastic creation Erika, and the card is just perfect !
xxx
Sun today, a miracle !
xxx

Patricia said...

Good evening Erika,
Oh! Wow! your cat is absolutely brilliant. Love, love, love it, you have dressed her beautifully.
Like your sweet card as well.
You clever girl.
Patricia x

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
oh that cat is adorable, and I am not a cat lover, as there used to be strays in the roof of the office where I worked as a young lady, and the smell every morning turned me right off them.
I love how you have dressed it too.
Wonderful card as well, and I think your colouring is great.
So sorry to hear your weather is not good.
Hopefully it will get nicer soon.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Oh I love this little crochet cat, so adorable in her little dress too. Such a lot of love and work has gone in to her I'm sure your friend will cherish her always. A lovely CAS card too, I think your water-colouring looks great Erika. I've been loving the projects made with these quirky birds recently, I tend to lean towards quirky, lol. Don't say anything :) The set is a bit expensive for me at the moment but they are definitely on my wish list. Enjoy your evening.
Lorraine

Carol said...

Such a cute cat Erika, I love the outfit. Loving the birdie card too. Carol x

Hazel said...

Erika, your car is brilliant, I just love it. Hazel x

Liz Miller said...

What a great job you've made of the cat Erika. You've come a long way since your humble beginnings with the dish cloth. You're friend must have been delighted with her gift. There's no stopping you now. xxx