Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I'd give you my heart!

At the beginning of the year I made a heart wreath for Karen.  I had seen the idea on Pinterest with no instructions so I set to work playing.  The wreath is hung up in Papercraft's Boutique and she asked me to show how I made it during the recent demonstration as ladies had been asking how I'd made it.

I created just single ones for the demo, one using 12" papers and the other 6".  I love the wee one the best and think these would be fab to decorate a Christmas tree or Wedding event with the relevant double sided paper.  Yes, double sided paper works the best and to show you the 12" is single sided and you will get what I mean.

First the 6"....


For this heart I have used two strips of 6 x 1 1/4", two strips of 5 x 1 1/4" and two strips of  4 x 1 1/4" and the centre piece is 4 x 1 1/4".  Building it starts from the inside out the you attach one of each strips together to create loops within loops.  The middle strip is then placed either side of your loops and the whole thing is secured at the bottom with a eyelet, brad or staple.
The 6" heart was created using MME pad Sunshine.

The 12" is created the same way just with double the length of paper with a width of 2", the centre strip is 6 x 2" but can be any length you want.

Here.....


For this heart I have used K & Company Poppyseed shimmer pad and the colours work fabulously with the new limited edition ink pads Peacock feathers, Shaded lilac and Squeezed lemon.  I have used the distress inks to colour the seem binding to tie it together with the heart.

These are great to make with kids.  I did some earlier in the year with the local Beaver group for Valentine's Day and really the only time they needed help was putting the whole thing together which is a little fiddly for small hands.

Here is a reminder of my original wreath.


For this one I used Paris nights by gcd studio.

That's all from me today, it's also my turn over on the "It's a Creative World" blog today with some Spellbinding fun from the weekend.  I will be sharing that photo later in the week on here too but why not pop over and see what the other girls have posted about, all manor of crafty hints, tips and ideas.
Have a great Tuesday.

3 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

Beautiful Hearts Erika. LOve em

mixamatoasties said...

Erika these are fab! I have to try this :)

Susan xx

Fiona said...

these were gorgeous IRL...

Fi
x