Friday, August 13, 2010

Firstly today I want to "big up" and say THANK YOU SO MUCH to "the New Katney" over in blog-land for point me to my recent problems on here.....and now it's sorted and I'm SO HAPPY!!  :)

On to the crafting side of things....today I was asked to produce a card and include "beer".  The card is very simple and just personalised for the young man who has reached the age of 21...the work is in the bottle of beer!!
I made the template myself, oh I do like to play. 
The labels on the beer were printed on the computer then cut out using Spellbinder's nestabilities labels 3.  Cream, brown, white and gold card from stock as is the tartan ribbon, I distressed with Ranger distress ink vintage photo.  The bottle top was crushed then a rub on attached to cream card glued to centre and coated with Ranger glossy accents.

I find when people ask for personal cards they don't want the sort of cards us crafter's make on line with lots of colours, papers, embellishments and stamps....they just want something that is personal to the recipient.
I loved the challenge of making this beer bottle from scratch.
Is that wrong?!*  LOL  :)

No comments: