Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Celebrate in style, CAS crafting style.

Good morning, get me being organised.  Most unusual.  Both my boys are away and my hubby isn't home from his night shift yet so I am having a few minutes peace before heading into work.
What a difference a day makes, it is really dreich and cloudy here today, a real back to school day!

This weeks challenge over on The Great Scheme of Things is to make something crafty using the colour combination lime green, black, white and silver.  This is what I came up with.


Now lime green wouldn't normally be my first choice of colours and I did have fun trying to find that shade.  I have lots of greens and none of them lime!
I recently received these stamps from The Papertrey ink,  Yes, I've been bad again, more crafty stash shopping, I can not resist!
Can you tell from the link above which card I really liked and why I bought the stamps?
Thanks to the gang at The Paper
trey ink for inspiration.

I have matte and layered white card on to black but before doing so I stamped the dots and "It's your birthday" in green ink by Kaleidacolor, it was the nearest green I had to lime, and believe me I looked!
The stamps are from a new set released in June called Good times.
I have then cut out the matching die set "celebrate" in black card and 3D foamed to the card. Finally adding some silver stars from my stash.
I love the simplicity of these stamps and think they'll get a lot of use for CAS cards. Who doesn't need a quick card now and again?

I seem to need them all the time just now or maybe my style has just changed all together?!
Anyway I thought this card would be good in a whole manner of different colour ways so guess which other colour I tried first?

Yep you guessed right, I guess I'm so easy to read.


I used Distress ink Peacock feathers for this one and some small sequin stars for a change.

I can see me rattling a few of these off.  I do love it when you get new crafty stash that you know you are going to get plenty of use of.  It must be the Yorkshire in me!

Anyway time for me to go and grab a bite to eat before heading into work.  Have a super Tuesday whatever your plans, more from me tomorrow.

4 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Especially love the way you arranged the stars
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Lau W said...

Oh great cards ! Love the design !
Have a nice day ! Here, rain, grey, 18° sniiiffff !
xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely stamps and lovely cards too. You have done a great job on your take of the design, the placement and star embellies look fab.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, super cards, love the colours too, hugs Kate x