Friday, October 19, 2012

Fifty shades of birthday!

Hi folks I haven't done much crafting at all this week having been in M & S, 4 days out of 7 and especially with my boys off school.  Any free time has been spent with them. 
Last night we had a film night and watched Dolphin's tale.  What a super film and a true story as well, mind you a hanky is required, I had watery eyes throughout.  A great family film.

This weekend I am taking a break from blogging as I am working again Saturday and getting my boy back to school Sunday, hopefully I will be back Monday guns blazing....or should I say scalpels at dawn!

To finish my week today I am sharing a CAS card (Clean and simple).  I make a range of CAS cards for my local shop in the village COSTCUTTERS, they have supported my card making for many years for which I am grateful.  I tend to just make a small handful and then move on to a new design always changing ideas and styles.  I also keep the price reasonable (it was always just about being able to buy more stash to make more cards) and the designs are simple.  When I get chance I also love the challenge of  making something that is topical. 
Hence this card.....my take on the recent phenomenon that is "The 50 Shades of Grey" trilogy.

 
The stamp set is by The Crafthouse press and is called Lingerie, the printing is done on my trusty computer. 
I do love CAS cards just as much as layered cards.  What is your favourite?
 
That is all from me today, have a super weekend.  Catch you again on Monday.  x

6 comments:

Lau W said...

Hello !
Don't know what i prefer : when i see a CAS card, it's wonderful, and when i see a layered card its...wonderful too lol !
So love your card, so elegant with the different greys ! and the stamp is superb ! So....wonderful card lool !
Have a nice week-end !
xxx

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Erila what a fun card love it and spot on with the theme have you read the books I am still reading the last one and finding it a struggle it's boring as hell will I ever get to the end of it (I don't know)lol
Jacki xx
http://scullduggery-cardsbyjacki.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Hi Erika, I too struggled with the trilogy but would love to have a night with Mr Grey, in my dreams,!! Calm down girl remember your age. Your card is quite delightful and I know a few girls who would love to receive this.

Wilma x x

cuilliesocks said...

Great card Erika, Never read the books myself, is there any murders in them, I like murders. Kate x

Kath Stewart said...

fabulous take erika on the fifty shades theme...have a great weekend...hugs kath xxx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

This is brilliant, love it

Ali x