Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Fork handles!" Plus WOYWW 147

Hi everyone it's that time of the week again WOYWW.  So without further ado.......here's mine;


On the left there are a few nearly finished samples from recent demo's awaiting finishing touches to be sent to my boss.  On the right a few purchases from my weekends gallivanting....loving the zip ribbons.
My desk isn't too bad today.  I've got a couple of cards I need to make then I hope to have some fun with Tim Holtz on line class later.  But first I have to finish my "spring clean" of my conservatory I started last night.  Now why would I tell you this?  Well earlier in the year I removed a candle stand from my front room whilst decorating.  Not very exciting in it's self but it made me giggle when I ventured in the room after the unseasonal warm weather we've had this week.  See if it makes you smile too.....


"Four candles" or should I say four very limp candles.  I did have to smile to myself as it reminded me of the great sketch by the Two Ronnies about "Fork handles!"  I love that sketch and so very clever.  I have added it below if you haven't seen it.  It really makes me giggle, how they both keep straight faces!
That's all from me for this What's on your Work desk Wednesday why not pop on over to the lovely Julia's blog and find out what other like minded crafters are up to.  It only remains for me to say thanks for the visit today, have a good one and I hope you leave me with a smile.

17 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

I would have laughed at the candles, they look so funny.
Lynn woyww97 + woyww98

Craftychris said...

Oh your candles are soooo funny! really made me laugh! The Fork Handles sketch is one of my favourites comedy sketches ever. Your post has really made my day, thank you xx

Craftychris said...

I just posted, forgot to say, have a fab day and I am no. 104 x

Wiccababe said...

oh yes, I know that sketch well Erika, and it never gets old :) that's some real floppy candles you have there.
Debz
x

Karen said...

I really had to laugh at your floppy candles, a great post!

Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Luv Karen #91

Peggy Cain said...

the candles are cracking me up! then I laughed again thinking sometimes I feel like that at the end of the day LOL have a great day
love the tags on your desk

Amy said...

That made me laugh and I've just watched the two Ronnies. Thanks for sharing. Amy #132

CraftygasheadZo said...

Funny candles, made me smile anyway! Take care & enjoy this weeks snoop of WOYWW desks. Zo xx 77

Lau W said...

:-))) Funny post !
xxx

kay said...

yep your candles made me laugh too,thanks for sharing,have a great week :)
#66

Sheilagh said...

Oh boy did this make me laugh:0)
Thank you.

Sheilagh
112

trisha too said...

Okay, the candles, that's a great picture!!

:)trisha
#41

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Ah, The Two Ronnies - pure genius....*sighs happily*
Your candles have gone a bit..well.. you know..droopy. Made me laugh for all the wrong reasons, but as julia will tell you, I have a warped sense of humour :D
Hugs, LLJ ~74 xx

Eliza said...

Love your cards and have to say the candles make me smile, must be warm there at the moment.

Happy crafting
Eliza

Casper said...

Hee hee Erica,Love your candles!

Great shape,Where do you buy them?

Fab picture and that is my all time favourite sketch of all time-Hubby and I always have a laugh and Say Fork Handles when I want to light a candle!Amazing sketch!

Take care
Big hugs
Casper
xxx

SophieNewton said...

Oh my word, that did make me giggle. Thank you so much for that x
Sophie no.183

BJ said...

I know I am a week behind here but I just can't get round ALL the WOYWW blogs so have devised a system of tiles where I pull out a selection and see what number I have got and I got you this week and jolly glad I did.
Candles are ROFL material as was the sketch - I remember it well and quote it often! Thanls for the smile. BJ