Monday, February 07, 2011

Another day and more cards from the weekend to show.
The next stamp I have used was very popular at the Papeterie, in fact we ran out...but I'm sure they'll be topped up soon.
I loved it to as it makes a quick card but looks very effective.  (I hope you agree!)


For this card I have used:
Martha Stewart PATP Vintage lace. (my personal favourite just now!)
Hero arts Clings stamp Silhouette flower and Treasure the moments.
Zva creative bling in a wheel black.
Plain white card stock and American craft textured card black.
StazOn black ink.

The easel card I have adjusted slightly in size to take into account the 5" PATP.
I have used two 5" squares and a strip of 4" x  9" to join them together so that you can not see the black under the punched surround.
Simple but effective me thinks!


The second card I have used the same stamp but just stamped it differently using my distress inks and combining colours.

I have used:
Hero art stamp as above and Anytime messages.
Ranger distress inks Antique linen, Vintage photo, Weathered wood and Faded jeans.
Tim Holtz Journaling Tickets.
American craft textured card light brown and white plus Tim Holtz Ideaology shabby vintage blue paper.
Martha Stewart scallop two dot edger punch.
Zva creative bling in a wheel blue.

I used the ranger inks and blended them on the stamp till I got the two tone texture I wanted edging with the darker colours.
Out of the two I have to admit that although blue is my favourite colour there is something classical about black on white....and sometimes I can't help going back to the old saying...
"less is more!"

Happy crafting to you all back with more later.

4 comments:

Gayle said...

LOVE IT...think I NEED that stamp!!! LOVE the sentiment too xxx

Ali Watson said...

Stunning!!! IS Balck the new white?? Two very different cards but both stunning. ove them.

Ali x

LOL (the word verification

is gintme

gin & t for me ha ha it knows me well lol)

Shazza said...

oooh I am liking these very much Erika. Have left something on my blog for you x

Juls said...

just stunning!!! I love the monochrome look!! Hugs Juls