Sunday, February 13, 2011


Another day and another card. 
This one is a simple card and I have to admit my favourite....same old saying again "less is more" which seems to be an up and coming trend just now.
I love this PI stamp Make a wish, so versatile and lovely embossed with clear powder then covered with stickles.
I have used Spellbinder nestabilities labels 14 to emboss direct onto the card and the sentiment inside is from Hero arts Anytime messages.
I have used American craft textured card in black, Tim Holtz Ideaology Vintage shabby in pink and plain white card stock and finished with a bit of bling from Zva creative.
I love the embossing with nesties direct onto the card, as did the ladies yesterday, something so simple but so effective.
It has been popular in blog land for a wee while so it was nice to take it out to the general public who don't always have access to a computer.
I'd like to give a quick mention to Ali and Sarita for their inspiration in producing this card. 
Many thanks ladies for sharing. 
Check out their blogs and their beautiful creations.



On to my candle, again I have used the same Make a wish stamp set from PI with StazOn black ink. 
For those of you who haven't tried stamping on to a candle you really must....just take care not to burn yourself...been there done that, but not for a while!
Stamp on to tissue paper then hold onto the candle with greaseproof paper from the kitchen, use your heat gun to melt the tissue paper into the candle, smooth over the paper then remove, "it's magic!"  (As Paul Daniels would say!)
It's also great for photographs and makes great original gifts.
I have added a strip of black American craft card punched with Martha Stewart two dot edger punch and ribbon from stash.  Finally adding again a bit of bling from Zva creative wheel.

So that's all for today ladies, have a great relaxing Sunday. 
I'm away to sort out and empty my bag from yesterday, oh and maybe I will get sometime to play.
Jacqui over on Simply Create has a challenge running which ends tomorrow.....with £100 of stash up for grabs!!!
I'm hoping to get chance to have a play later...do you think anyone will notice me sneaking off to my craft room?
What do you think my chances are?!
Mmmmmm!!

7 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous Erika!!!

Mrsjobee said...

Beautiful - I had to buy that stamp set yesterday. If less is more then I am actually with it for a change. Must find those candles I bought............

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous CAS card Erika and lurve the candle!
and I'm very sorry but got another award for you!! ;-)
x M X

Shazza said...

these are beautiful Erika, I love that stamp and it is so effective on the candle. I haven't seen the embossing with Nesties, you need to show me it at the next crop. Jo, I think I would have bought that stamp set yesterday if I'd been there x

Ali Watson said...

Simply stunning creations Erika *blush what you like giving me a mention away with you woman lol. but thank you. I think it is a fabulous effect on the card it really makes it pop.

That candle is delish....love it.

Ali x

Juls said...

such an amazing gift set, so very stylish!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

Stunning x