Monday, October 03, 2016

Getting hitched in the sunshine!

Good morning and how are you this Monday?
Bright blue skies here and the sun is out.  It is a tad colder but long may this weather stay.
Did you have a good weekend?

I had a busy morning at work and then pottered at home in the afternoon.  We did pop out to the travel agents which made me smile.  When we mentioned how late we had left booking something, and what we wanted to do, the travel agent gave us a look.  You know the sort!  The sort I can't repeat on my blog but I shall give you the cleaned up version....."you've got to be kidding me, in the school holidays!"
Needless to say I think our October break will be enjoyed Chez Hopeman instead.  At least we are all on holiday which didn't happen at Easter or over the summer.  Maybe a little home improvements might be on the cards and a few day trips?
Yesterday I managed to finish my ironing only to wash again twice, ready to start all over again.  It is such a thankless task.  On the upside we went out to a local pub for tea which was very nice, no cooking on a Sunday, such a treat.  It was also a treat from my best pal for hubby fixing her washing machine, which was very naughty of her but much appreciated.  Best friend ever!

Back to today and one of my pals at work asked could I make him a wedding card, the groom had to be in a kilt and the background had to be a tropical beach.  Apparently the lucky couple are away to a sunnier climate for their wedding celebrations.  I was asked to personalise the inside of this card instead of the outside as normal.
This is what I came up with.


The background paper is by Echo beach, Paradise beach.  The sentiment is by Waltzing mouse.  The wee people are made up using snippets of paper and card and my Cricut machine using the Paper dolls cartridge.

I'd also like to enter this card into Pixies snippets playground challenge this week, linking up with the lovely Diane, as I have used quite a few bits and bobs from my stash.

That is all from me today, other than to say we had a good result for the MacMillan coffee morning at work.  With our book and cake sale and one of the manager's having his head shaved too.  We raised over £800.  Isn't that a result!  Not bad for a small shop.
I better get ready for work now, back later to catch up with what you have been up to over the weekend.
Happy crafting folks.

8 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love to read your posts, sounds like a good day apart from the ironing, something I am just about to tackle. This is such a cute card. Good result on the cake sale etc

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Perfectly suited to the brief Erika, love the wedding couple.
Lorraine

Barb said...

A super wedding card Erika. I love the happy couple. Well done on the fundraising. Well Done! I'm sure you'll all enjoy your holiday at home together anyway. Last week a friend & I tried to book a short break to Blackpool to see the illuminations but we were too late too.

You have a good evening. Barbxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
what a very brilliant card, and they are going to love it.
It's gorgeous.
Wonderful amount for the coffe morning.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful card Erika, love the litle couple and that kilt is briliant. Just perfect for a couple tying the knot in tropical climbes.
Well done on the coffee morning fundraiser, fantastic amout raised, Kate x

Di said...

Hi Erika!

I had to fix your link but no matter, it's easy enough. LOVE this card and am so very happy you came back to play with us. We do love a nice Wedding :)

Lovely to see you in the Playground, sorry I'm playing catch up right now!

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Hi Erika!

It's Di again, just to say that fixing your Playground link was no problem at all! I do love your blog - it's like a peek into lovely normal life! And I just copied and pasted your 'things women say' into an email to my OH - waiting for the fireworks now :)

Tee, hee!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Well your card certainly met the brief. It's perfect.
Congrats on your MacMillan coffee morning results.

Further congrats on being showcased on the Snippets Playground.

Hugs, Sarn xxx