Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Where does the day go?

Well, today's post is not what I expected to be writing.
After finishing work I had the family shop to do, then the boys to sort and the tea.  Doesn't time fly when you are having fun!
I have finally got sorted and unfortunately the light is, how can I put it, no longer!  Yes, the nights are well and truly drawing in, the last couple of days have consisted of dreich, dark days and a lot of rain.
Not the best lighting for photography.
So today I was going to show you more poppy's.  I know MORE, I'm beginning to sound like Oliver. (A joke in our house when someone wants more!)
I was having a conversation with a neighbour last night who kindly donated funds towards my British Legion donation.  As we chatted he mentioned not to bother making a poppy, he was just happy it was for a good cause.  Then we spoke about the different types of poppy's and he happened to mention he liked the small pin style.
Not one to shy away from a challenge I set to work last night making my smallest poppy yet, it's tiny.
It was a little fiddly to crochet but I was happy with the results.
I had to do it as I am not happy accepting a donation having not done anything for it, it's just not in my nature.  Tomorrow, after I have a decent photograph, I shall be popping over a couple of my all new poppy pins, I'll also share here too.

On a lighter side, did you enjoy all the Halloween celebrations at the end of last week?  I was checking out Pinterest earlier and saw this, I am so going to do this next year.
Is that cruel?
I think it's a great idea, although I don't think my youngest will like it.


That's all from me today, enjoy what is left of your evening and I will be back tomorrow more.  Happy crafting.  x

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Well Erika that brought a smile ...... !!! glad I am not frightened of spiders and visiting YOU!!!!
Looking forward to seeing you wee Poppy's
Hugs

Patricia xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
I am so not going to ever visit you. lol.
I hate spiders, but this gives me and idea for next year, that's if I remember by then.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.