Monday, November 03, 2014

Ship ahoy! Well, hello sailor!

Good afternoon all, I hope you all had a super weekend?
Today started off quite well, everyone off to school and work, the dog and I had a lovely walk along the beach, although there was not much beach, the tide was high!  Which could only mean one thing I had a Blondie hit rambling around in my head as we wandered along, can you guess which one?
Then I looked to my shoes and had to smile to myself, isn't it strange how the mind works when you switch it off?
I feel I must explain, I have a pair of those trainers for when I go out walking with the dog which are supposed to shape up the body as you walk, apparently walking in them is like walking on sand.
Which got me to thinking if I am walking on sand with shoes which make you feel like you are walking on sand, does it double up?  I know, crazy thoughts, but it did make me giggle to myself.  I think I should stick to crafting!  I guess you could say I had good suspension whilst out walking and my knees will thank me in the long run.
Moving on before you think I have totally lost the plot, I had a very busy day at work on Saturday followed by a quiet night.  #shattered.
Yesterday I just couldn't make my mind up what to do first as I am in work four days again this week so I plumed to do the ironing, whilst catching up on some TV I'd recorded, one job down!
Today, the plan was to crack on with the housework but I seem to have been distracted, it's far to cold, dark and dreich today.  The fire is already on and I had a wee bit of crocheting to finish from last night.  Whoops!  I better get my head into gear or the week will be gone and I will be no further on.

Enough of my waffle, lets get back to some crafting.  Today I have a card for you, another bespoke request, this time for a gentleman who is 90, it had to have a named boat and a red ensign on it.  This is what I came up with.


This is a digital image I bought ages ago and actually forgot I had, I managed to get the name and flag on and really enjoyed getting my copic markers out for a change, it seems like ages since I did a little colouring, so relaxing!
I am going to sign off now as I am having a few technical issues, my mouse has given up the ghost and is driving me crazy.  Let's just say it is a good job the window is closed and it is cold outside or it would have left the building.  Something else for me to sort.
Technology is only great whilst it is working!
Enjoy the rest of your Monday all, I am working tomorrow so I shall be back in the afternoon with some more crafting.  x

6 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, what a fabulous card, Love the image and all the little details, what a wonderful age the recipient is, I'm sure he will love it, hugs Kate x

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Erika, clever girl to come up with such a fantastic design.
Love all your great little additions
Hugs

Patricia xx

Shona Hamill said...

Lovely design Erika and the charm is fab too. Shona xx

Juls said...

Love this great image, loving the colour combo & the dimension you have created is just gorgeous :-) xx

marion said...

lovely image and card, glad you enjoyed yourself, hugs, Marion

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
what a very fab card.
I love that super little boat, and your fab sentiment too.
My DH managed to sort my problems out eventually yesterday, as I was having trouble with my mouse scrolling and when you hovered over something to click on it would take you to an entirely different place.
This all happened because I updated Firefox browser which is my preferred browser.
So now today it's taking me just as long as I have to go into each blog and zoom the text because of my eyes.
Where as before it was all already done for me.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.