Thursday, July 10, 2014

It's a scorcher today, so I go shopping?!

Afternoon all, and what a beautiful day we are having.  Bright blue skies again today!
Summer is here....shhh!

Later post for me today as I took my eldest boy out clothes shopping this morning, yikes.  He is fifteen and is now in a man's medium and has gone from a 7 to an 8 1/2 size in shoes in 4 weeks....consequently nothing fits!
We had a rummage in TKMax and the sports shops and have come away with a few pairs of jeans, tee-shirts and shoes.  He is as big as me now......it's scary!
But we did have fun and I managed to drive which was fine too, feeling much better this week, nearly back to normal and only seem to get a little sore later in the day.

Did you watch the football last night?
That's me out of the draw in work, no prize winnings for me.  Going on the performance over the last couple of nights I predict Germany will win, then Argentina followed by Netherlands then Brazil.  You heard it here first, like I'm a football guru!  LOL.  We will see.

Back to crafting now and I had another play with stencils and modeling paste yesterday and this is what I came up with.


The stencil is by Clarity stamps, Spellbinder die Curved matting basics, sentiment by Waltzing Mouse stamps, with ribbon, glitter and button from my stash.
Oh I really like this technique the only problem is being patient and leaving the paste to dry before finishing the card off.  I have a bit of a production line going here with about four different designs on the go!
If only I could move in my craft room.....it so needs a very good tidy.....and that is putting it politely.

I'm away for a light walk with the dog and a possible ice-cream, again making the most of the lovely weather.
Enjoy the rest of your day.  x

5 comments:

Lau W said...

Oh i'm so jealous....the weather is grey again and again, tomorrow too and after they say that it will be better oufffffffffff !
Your card is elegant, love b&w and glitters !
Have a nice day, with ice cream :-( (jealous me hihi) brrr i want a tea cup lol !
xxx

Hazel said...

Erika, I know where you are coming from with the kids being taller than ourselves. Anna whom I nanny for is only coming up to 12 she is 5ft 5 ins and size 8 feet, Beth on the other hand is tiny. Your card is stunning, love it. Hazel xx

scrappymo! said...

What a pretty card! Love the stenciled design.

I too need to clean my craft room but luckily I am 4 hours away and so can put it off till next week when we head home for a week!

I craft in the bunkhouse here and then just have to clean it up if I have guests arrive. Good incentive to get it done!

Patricia said...

Love, love, love, your beautiful card. Simple and so elegant.
I am definitely going to have a go at this kind of thing ....... when I get round to buying the paste.
Know where you coming from,Thomas not 10 till September is 5'2" size 8 feet. He goes to bed at night and has grown inches when he gets up in the morning ......!!!
Have a great weekend

Patricia x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, beautifully stylish and elegant card, lovely colour and embossing, hugs Kate x