Thursday, July 03, 2014

A material girls, crafty bag....how to store your stash DIY style.

Good morning to you, weather not as good this morning but at least it is dry.
I think my dog might be sulking just now!  My hubby has been walking her before going to work as I am banned from doing so just now.  Even with an early walk she still sits by the door round about the time we would go out and gives me a look.  Why are we not going to the beach?
How guilty do I feel, apparently going out in the garden and shouting at the neighbour's dog is nowhere near as much fun as a gallop along the local beach.  I don't think she knows what to make of the fact that mum isn't playing like she usually does, bless.

Back to today and I am actually a little excited at showing you this make today.  Again this went to the lovely Elaine as per my post yesterday.  I didn't think I'd be able to make this but I got there in the end, with many thanks to Irene for sharing her pattern and experience.  It isn't perfect but I was happy with my first attempt.
I have to say I really enjoyed the process until I had to put all the bits together and that is where it got a little trickier, purely lack of experience on my part, I may add.



A handmade with love tag inside.  And finally with the owl.


I really wanted cat material as I know Elaine loves her cats but I couldn't find any, instead I saw this owl material and spots and just thought it was fab.  Having just had a craft room overhaul I thought these colours would match in with her theme.  
The material is from Patches corner which is over near Inverness on route to Beauly.  The wee owl die is cut with material and felt and is a Sizzix die called owl!

Yesterday my pal and I went to a new coffee shop in Elgin called The Ditsy teacup, oh my, what mighty fine scones!  I had a fudge scone with fresh raspberries and clotted cream, nomm, nomm, I'm drooling just now thinking of it.  I do appreciate a mighty fine scone.  
The decor was right up my street too, shabby chic Cath Kidston style.  I certainly will be back again.

Today I have a trip to the opticians, the excitement!  I think I need new specs as I am forever lifting them up to see close #getting old. :D
Between now and then I think I might have some light crafting time.....mmmm....now what to make?!*
Decisions, decisions.  
Don't forget to join me tomorrow sharing an oldie.  x

7 comments:

Hazel said...

Erika I love your little bag to go with your oh so cute owl. A great make for being your first go it's prefect. Poor little puppy dog, they are so routined then we go and put a spanner in the works.. Harris our lab is like an alarm clock. He follows you round till you get him out first thing, knows when husband goes off to see to daughters chickens and Harris gets his dental stick then, come 9 at night he goes out for the last time. Change that and he sulks. Your scone sounded lovely, nothing nicer. Hazel xx

Shazza said...

that is so cute, love the material and you did a great job x

scrappymo! said...

This looks great. And will be so handy for organizing!

Great job on this project Erika. Off to have a catch up on your blog.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, your bag is fantastic, I can't believe it's your first attempt, wonderful design and owl material, your friend will love it.
The coffee shop sounds lovely, must keep it in mind for when we go through to Elgin, take care, hugs Kate x

Liz Miller said...

Your friend Elaine is a very lucky girl Erika and I'm sure she was delighted with her gifts. Two brilliant owl projects and I see the teaser was a wing. The little hand made charm is the perfect finishing touch to your owl. Well done you. Crochet is definitely the way to craft when you're recovering. Hope you are still doing well.
Liz xxx

Patricia said...

Hi, there Erika,
Sorry I have been missing "computer problems"
I just LOVE your brilliant bag it is beautiful. Elaine will treasure both it and the "little owl" it is so sweet
Hugs

Patricia xx

Rachel said...

This is fantastic, so practical too. well done, love the owl too x